• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FROM THE SWAPA SITE:

"August 15, 2003

Fellow Pilots,

Today, representatives of SWAPA and SWA met to review the calculation of Adjusted Operating Margin (AOM). As you know the AOM is used to determine our profitability-based pay component of the scheduled pay raise effective September 1, 2003.

By mutual agreement, the $271M in federal grant money will be included in the calculation for the Adjusted Operating Margin.

This results in a 6.36% raise in our pay beginning September 1, 2003.

SWAPA wishes to extend a sincere thanks to Jim Parker and his team for their openness and cordial business approach to this important issue. The outcome underscores the commitment and partnership of pilots, management, and the shareholders.

Ike"

So... anybody have the "TFP" rates starting 1 September?? Chase? Thanks for the info, at any rate.
Also, for those of us lounging in the pool and those waiting for an interview, how do the stock options work for those of us coming to class next year?

First/Second/Third Year F.O. Rates

HOUMAN,
Heres a fairly accurate TFP scale with Hourly next to rate. Also, next Sept is really going to be our big pay raise, looking forward to that!

As of Sept 03' First Officer:

First Year- $37.65 TFP ($42.81 Per/Hour)
Second Year- $63.53 TFP ($72.23 Per/Hour)
Third Year- $70.73 TFP ($80.41 Per/Hour)

Approx Sept 04' First Officer:

First Year- $43.21 TFP ($49.13 Per/Hour)
Second Year- $72.90 TFP ($82.88 Per/Hour)
Third Year- $81.16 TFP ($92.20 Per/Hour)

SWA pay has really come around. Most guys average 100-110 TFP a month, some like me do more cause I live in domicile. I am a Second year F.O and will just crack 100K this year. You can work as much or as little as you like here. Glad to have a job that gives me that opportunity. Good luck all you poolies and see ya on campus soon.

-SM

Just so I know what I'm doing wrong----how are you going to crack a $100k at a 2nd yr trip rate of $59.73 ($63.53 as of 9/1)?

Please tell.........

O' ye of little faith...

Awaiting,
Since your type-written tone denotes you do not believe what I said I will put numbers to it and if you need I can draw you a picture later.

how are you going to crack a $100k at a 2nd yr trip rate of $59.73 ($63.53 as of 9/1)?

I fly 135-140 TFP a month. My highest is 149 TFP in a month and I have flown with some captains who really now how to work the system and hit up to 155 TFP.

Using 138 TFP average:

138 TFP x $59.73= $8,242

Now, heres the hard part, lets multiply that by 12 months:

$8242 x 12 = $98, 912

OK, still with me...now lets throw in about $6,000 for Per Diem which is about average, I actually earn more than that because I fly more than most..

$98,912 + $6,000= $104,912

That is all at pre Sept rates, after two weeks the same work will earn me $111,205. Or $105,205 not counting Per Diem as some guys don't acknowledge as pay. Not sure why, those Greenbacks spend just as well as TFP Greenbacks.

As, I said, I do fly more than most, and you can fly as much/little as you want at SWA

Last edited:
Viking,

No, I don't have a life..and Please tell your wife to quit calling me!!!

-SM

Q: What's the difference between a Hoover vacuum and a Navy S-3 Viking?

A: The Hoover vacuum only has one dirtbag in it....

Well, lost something in the typing I think.......

-SM

I average 108 trips a month. Usually works out to 15 days off a month. Coming from a job that only gave me 7 days off a month + on call, I can work the extra 2 days and have a life. I've been at SWA two years also.

Thanks for the info Spooky and SWA/FO. Now, back to tredding. I really don't know what it will be like, NOT being a poolie. After a couple of years it seems like home now.

Latest resources

Back