SWA 3yr upgrade if...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TexaSWA

Heard we are telling newhires in class that upgrade will be around 3yrs IF we could find all the planes we want. Sounds good for new guys. Big IF though, I guess. IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Going through class now....

None of that was told in our group. In fact, upgrade was not even mentioned. I really don't think any of us care about upgrade right now. It will come when the call comes. We all know what the CURRENT upgrade time is, but like that matters in the furture!

Kind of like the funds disclaimer "Past results do not indicate future performance, invest wisely."

Cheers!

That would be great,and for the sake of all the newhires,I surly hope so,but believe it when your sitting in upgrade class at the 2 yr 11 month mark!;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Exactly, No chance on the three year upgrade...like to know where that rumor came from......

Heard we are telling newhires in class that upgrade will be around 3yrs IF we could find all the planes we want. Sounds good for new guys. Big IF though, I guess. IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

What you are saying is if 400 new planes get onto the property by 2009(growth plus lets say 500 retirements) the rumor will pan out.

130+ planes a year. Riiight.

Get me in on that bet....against!

What you are saying is if 400 new planes get onto the property by 2009(growth plus lets say 500 retirements) the rumor will pan out.

130+ planes a year. Riiight.

Get me in on that bet....against!

Better way to figure it is on hiring plans, not planes.

operative word was IF. SWAPA calculator has me upgrading in 09 (hired in 04). Thats a conservative calculator that doesnt take into account accelerated growth plans, or, IFs.

True guys upgrading now waited 6+, but there was a 2 year period(02, 03) of no growth.

I was at a retirement party when I heard the 3 yr thing, maybe some of it was beer talking.

Training department is at 110%, aint happening, would be nice, but aint happening :)

Latest resources

Back