• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SW to hire 650 this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard the same rumor coming out of training about a larger increase in hiring. One of the reasons is that SWA picked up an additional 7 -700s from Boeing that an airline in South America were no longer getting. Right now SWA has announced they will be getting 9 -700s in June & 25 more in the remainder of 2004. Even if all the -200s leave this year that would mean a net increase of 14 more aircraft for the remainder of this year. So 7 more on top of the scheduled 14 would be a drastic increase.

This summer will tell

Classes are supposed to taper off in June and then pick back up in October. Or atleast that is what I got the first few days of training.

650 would take a class of 24 every two weeks with out break. (52 weeks per year = 26 classes x 24 per class = just 624 pilots)

So if the classes and interviews continue with out pause, we know there is creedance to my rumor. If they break in June/July until October, then we know the originally scheduled 450 is closer to the mark.

Anyone care to wager? Where is RightBettor when you need him?

from the Boeing website

737tanker,

Interesting rumor... On the Boeing website, they cite Southwest as having ordered 3 aircraft in the past few days. I have seen no other reference to the purchase anywhere else. So at least 3 of the rumored 7 aircraft are coming to SWA.

Sorry Chase, if you guys have the op specs for 15 knots then I stand corrected. Don't think it's prudent however.

Last edited:
wil said:
I enjoyed seeing another SWA 15+ knot tail wind departure !

Doubtful

I have seen quite a few SWA departures in the last 10 years. Never seen a 15kt tailwind departure. Thats right never. And never is a strong word.

I enjoyed seeing another SWA 15+ knot tail wind departure ! Not sure why SWA throws the dice so much but good luck. I guess that's what the traveling public gets when they want to fly across the country for .99 cents.

Flame bait. Back up your claims with facts, Mr Kerry.

SWA tailwind limit is 10kts. I highly doubt you saw a 15kts tailwind takeoff....

Wil,

Your a CRJ capt and your blasting SWA fares?

Does the flying public know how little is required to get into the right seat of a commuter?

If you really knew anything about SWA ops then I doubt you would be running your mouth.

If you think SWA isn't the future, then think again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back