SW to hire 650 this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
learflyer,
Did anything in your interview lead you to believe that it was not going so well? Hiring only 50% seems pretty low to me when I hear people say that the job is yours to lose and that they are "looking to hire you" when you walk in....

I can attest to the age

I can attest to the age factor in every class. I was 50 when interviewed and with time spent in the pool I will be 3 weeks short of 53 when I start class on Monday. Any bets someone will be older than me? Dried off and on my way. Best of luck to all of you waiting for a call.

For clarification: The wait is two years from your application date before you can apply again...not from your interview date.

Does anyone know if Pittsburgh and Charlotte will be pilot domiciles for SouthWest?

SWA does not fly to Charlotte or Pitt....yet! As far as domiciles, one will be announced some time this year (or so they say) and we don't even know what that will be yet.

Last edited:
Wow,
WN is going to PIT and PHL on the 9th. That is good news. I thought we were just going to PHL. Thanks for the news flash.

Clarification

SWA starts flying to PHL, not PIT on 9 May. We do not fly to CLT or PIT at this time.

Another thread mentioned that USAir has announced a reduction in flights into PIT beginning in Sep '04 & CLT will also see a reduction in flights with it still being the hub for its Carribean flights.

Will this be the opening that SWA has been looking for into these arenas? Time will tell. Makes for interesting speculation.

As for when one can reapply after an unsuccessful interview, the "old" answer was 2 yrs from when one applied.

The "new" correct answer is 2 yrs from one's interview date. This is on the SWA website if you wish to doublecheck it.

Hope that helps & keeps the facts straight.

PHL, PIT who can keep 'em straight! My bad, brainfart. It's been changed!

Gumbydammit said:
learflyer,
Did anything in your interview lead you to believe that it was not going so well? Hiring only 50% seems pretty low to me when I hear people say that the job is yours to lose and that they are "looking to hire you" when you walk in....

Sorry, Gumby, I haven't interviewed with them yet. I've got a long way to go. I work for a Frac right now, and starting year four in the right seat!! I'm 32 right now and was just seeing how old some of the folks might be who are getting hired.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back