SW to hire 650 this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Organ Donors Needed

This USAir thing is like organ donations. No one is happy USAir is dying, but everyone here is excited about the future.

If you need a heart transplant and someone dies and gives you a new heart you are happy. You didn't kill that person, its sad they died, but atleast you have a heart. That is how I feel. Too bad USAir is dying, but I am glad SWA is thriving.

satpak77 said:

SWA's long term corporate success (and huge profits) has been largely the result of hiring "the right people."

I doubt SWA is going to trip over pennies on the way to the dollars.

To answer your question, I think the process is very cost effective, as it results in bigger and better things.

my 2 cents

I know quite a few people that currently work or used to work at SWA. Not sure if they are all the right people. Just like everywhere else, mostly good and some very interesting. One thing for sure, in order to get the break to work for SWA, you must interview well.

One retired SWA captain I flew with was nicknamed "Sleepy." Was well known for the head bobbing soon after the gear was up.

BTW-I did interview and did not get the call. Will I try again, definitely!

Flexpilot

Thanks for considering reapplying. It is completely understandable why someone would turn their back on a company that fails to hire them after making the effort to apply & jump through all the hoops that is required to get to the interview.

Your diligence is much appreciated as the fact that SWA has hired many folks on their 2nd, 3rd & as it turns out even 4th try (a recent new hire falls in that category). SWA is always looking for folks who REALLY wish to work here & while everyone who comes through the interview process isn't selected, it certainly doesn't reflect negatively on them as individuals. Thanks again for your persistence & we'll look for you on the line in the very near future!!! Good luck & keep building on your aviation career, God Bless,

I interviewed twice. It sucked when I was not hired the first time, however, it was definitely worth the wait!

Interview numbers

On another note, a friend who recently interviewed with SWA was informed that, out of 154 who interviewed the month he did, only 40 were selected. If they are hiring 650 this year, based upon these percentages, they'll need to interview close to 2600 applicants, turning down almost 2000! How cost effective is this process?

I recently flew with an interview guy. His numbers were a little different. Out of 154ish approximately 95 were sent to the decision board for review. About 75 were offered to continue the process - about 50%.

Slug

Learflyer

You have to wait 2 years for a second interview and can only interview twice in any 5 year period.

I was 45 & there are routinely folks in each new hire class that are approaching 50 or are over 50, so what is considered "old" at many airlines when it comes to hiring is young here. Keep on trying & we'll see you on the line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back