Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Survey: Now that we all have our W-2s....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nalo Boy said:
That was quite a peeeing match! Does anyone actually think that one group flies airplanes better than the other? Especially those who already fly for the airlines, do you guys have these conversations with your Mil or Civ co-workers or do you just bottle it up inside, wait till you get home and cry in your beer as you write it on this post?

Enough nonsense....now how much do you make?

You're gettin' there, man! You're gettin' there..... ;) :)

This is one of the BEST threads yet!!!

I think as pilots we love options...this is a great visual.

PC-12 Captain/ Operator 1.5 years/ On call 24hrs/ No real vacation days except 100 hr inspections and annuals. Part 91

Averaging 500 hrs/year Overnights: approx. 30 per year

50K salary, meals, car gas

Owners are great, frequent destinations Canada, Vegas, Florida, Bahamas and BOS <-- sux. Many random boring cities in the midwest, ie Super Target, Walmart, Applebee's blah, blah, blah.
  • Weight gained: 15 pounds
  • # of grey hairs found since employment : 5
Having a great time can't do this job when I'm 50, also flying light twin turbine's on the side.

Dream job: Flying somewhere warm, with not as many duty days. Right now this plane OWNS me.

Fly safe...

SWA/FO said:
Hey Kernal,

Yeah, I personally, can see how flying a single engine fighter prepares one for a civilian flying career. No extra sim sessions beacuse of your awesome CRM and radio skills, right.

You are correct there SWA/FO...Flying a single engine fighter does not prepare one for civilian aviation.
The biggest difference is that one is EMPLOYING an aircraft and the later is just flying it...closer to BUS DRIVING than flying in my opinion.
I feel I've done enough of both long to know...and if you have not done both, then you really can't comment about comparing the two.

What Next said:
You are correct there SWA/FO...Flying a single engine fighter does not prepare one for civilian aviation.
The biggest difference is that one is EMPLOYING an aircraft and the later is just flying it...closer to BUS DRIVING than flying in my opinion.
I feel I've done enough of both long to know...and if you have not done both, then you really can't comment about comparing the two.

Wow...that was a quick reply. Your first post and a quote from 4 months and 10 days ago.

Your not helping your case.

Please.....let this thread die the death that it deserved months ago.

There were rude comments made by a lot of people, but let's not reopen old wounds.

Start a new thread if you must, but let this one die!!!

Well, I'm glad someone went to the trouble of resurrecting a 4 month old thread just so they could incite the old fighter-jock vs civilian argument yet again. :rolleyes:

2004 w2 / 82,000 4 yr fo ATA

2005 w2 will be about 15,000. / I took a voluntary furlough and retired at 35. My investment properties produce more income than my 5yr pay at ATA be will under the current concessions. No apps anywhere don't want to be 55 and going through this again. The only reason I mention this is because there is life outside of that uniform gents. Since Nov of last year I have pocketed 70K tax free buying and selling foreclosures, not including monthly rental income. Home every night, every weekend, every hoilday.
If I ever fly the big ones again it will be for fun!

Hobiehawker said:
Wow...that was a quick reply. Your first post and a quote from 4 months and 10 days ago.
QUOTE]
\

Well....yur right, I'm new to this blog..I'll look at the dates more closely next time.
However, even though it may be an old post...but you are still reading it...right

my penis and my paycheck are both of slight dimensions...

i'll stay out of this discussion.

you guys keep swordfighting...

Latest resources

Back