Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Survey: Now that we all have our W-2s....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's more important is if Home Depot is hiring...after all, we're all 1 day away from wearing an orange apron. Give us all a friggin break about the money, get a life, and be thankful you still have a job.

Yeah, not everybody can fall back into a guard job. Or go back to their "unit", you know flying off the flat-top at Edwards. Lowes is the place to be!

Last edited:
lowlycfi said:
$28,500/SWA/FA/10th year
Plus
$16,000/Flight Instructor/3rd year

Holy crap! I can't believe you only make $28,500 as a 10th year FA. That's ridiculous. Then again, so is the CFI pay....... Then again, so is my FO pay....

$18,052 as Chicago Express FO and ExpressJet FO.

You gotta LUV this thread.

It is funny to look back a few years at the pay scales. LUV was at the bottom of the industry, now they are near the top...but not because they have had any huge raises or contract windfalls. It's because all the other airlines have taken huge pay cuts.

Enjoy your stay at the top you arrogant LUVers. If history is any indication, it won't last forever.

"The Smurfs brag all the time about JB, but I think they're all just jealous of Southwest pilots".

Yeah, what he said.

furloughfodder said:
You gotta LUV this thread.

It is funny to look back a few years at the pay scales. LUV was at the bottom of the industry, now they are near the top...but not because they have had any huge raises or contract windfalls. It's because all the other airlines have taken huge pay cuts.

Enjoy your stay at the top you arrogant LUVers. If history is any indication, it won't last forever.

Now heres a quote from someone without a clue!

LUV has never been at the bottom of the industry, pay wise for the last 30 years or so! I have been at SWA for 12 years and have made in direct compansation (W2 wages) industry average pay of the legacy carriers for the plane I fly since I have been with SWA. Thats also without counting my stock option grant from 1994 which actualy put me ahead of most of them!

Our last few contract raises have been quite substantial. Our raise last September was in the order of 13 percent. Hard to believe in this economy. Will it change? Maybe, and if it does I will be the first one to sign up to help out. Hopefully we will keep making money and the profits will grow again securing our current and future raises that are planned through 2006.

$228177 W2 for 2004
$75375 of that was for 2 years of a stock option grant from 1994.
$152802 is for direct compansation without stock options
Just flew my line this year, 3 on 4 off. 661 hours block for the year.

Last edited:
Not an airline pilot but I want to piss off the guys with their panties in a wad

Helicopter Pilot: 52K, no overtime, home every night

Some of those paychecks you guys are getting look real nice to me!

Latest resources

Back