Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Survey: Now that we all have our W-2s....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great!!!, now this is turning into I flew your Wife and she paid me with your money thread. Real professional guys, way to hold the bar up on the profession. This profession is falling apart... first its guys claiming what they made... whats next? My airplane is bigger then yours?

I've been noticing that I don't get the respect from my neighbors like I use to. Even when I wear my hat while cutting the grass (riding lawn mower) they just don't look up to me anymore. Maybe its because I work for SWA and I'm arrogant?

SWA/FO said:
I've been noticing that I don't get the respect from my neighbors like I use to. Even when I wear my hat while cutting the grass (riding lawn mower) they just don't look up to me anymore. Maybe its because I work for SWA and I'm arrogant?

Maybe. But more likely because they don't... or couldn't. ;)

Some here definitely need to be more humble. Just because one hides behind a mask doesn't mean it changes your character. It just allows us to be more courageous.

I have always thought talking about money was crass, too, but in the context of an (anonymous) industry message board, I think it's good information to have.

Some surprises in there, too be sure.

FWIW- a certain very lazy AirTran FO on 3rd year pay only broke $65K . . . but he never picked up any trips, and dropped whatever he could. . . . good thing I (err, I mean HE) married well.

If you think this thread is crass, then you're a hypocrite if you've ever participated or followed any of the other threads about pay rates here, pay rates there, Comair plus this or strike, Mesa screwing us all, etc, etc. Pay rates are one thing, but it is in the W-2 where the rooster comes home. So why not discuss the W-2, after all, nobody really has any idea what it all means merely by looking at the rates on airlinepay.com. You've no idea what kind of quality of life, and actual take home income any of those rates represent. If anything, W-2s and quality of life are what you all need to be discussing. Because in the end, it is all that truely matters.

Last edited:
fokkers&beer said:
56K working my ass of as a T-Prop capt for a 3rd rate freight outfit. 155 nights away from home last year. I miss my dog and my wife.

155 nights? Wish I was home that much.

Wasted said:
If you think this thread is crass,

Actually, what I wrote was that talking about money is crass, but that I thought it was OK in the context of this message board.

Perhaps you ought to learn to read for c-o-m-p-r-e-h-e-n-s-i-o-n.

Ty Webb said:
Actually, what I wrote was that talking about money is crass, but that I thought it was OK in the context of this message board.

Perhaps you ought to learn to read for c-o-m-p-r-e-h-e-n-s-i-o-n.

I wasn't commenting about you. Just people who thought it was crass. Perhaps you ought to t-a-k-e-a-c-h-i-l-l-p-i-l-l.

Last edited:
C-40B aka (databurst?) the pay in HI ain't worth the time at Altus you had to put in to get much happier staying in CHS and punchin out

Latest resources

Back