Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks....

Keep it comin'!

I'm not sure of my plans (flying/driving) in, but this is all good stuff and I'm sure I'm not the only one out there wondering.

See yall there.

Chunk

they have a real nice website too!

http://www.sun-n-fun.org/content/

If i can get some friends to go, I'd like to go too...

By the way anyone been to the splash-in? How many planes show up for that usually?

One more tip, by the end of the day you'll be sweaty, dusty and sunburned. But satisfied!

My favorite part is to hang out by the homebuilt section, you can get right up next to the runway, at least before and after the actual airshow.

I dont think they do, the last time I camped out in the parking area, I had to hump it over to the showers, but I thinks its worth it.

When you set up in the parking area, I watch the airshow from there. No loud speakers, no crowds, hardly anybody over there. Its real peaceful during the airshow. Kick back and relax on a lawn chair.

I used to fly a Cherokee 6 in for camping. Its like having a Suburban an Sun n Fun, I miss the ole airplane.

RE: Know the arrival procedures

If the pilot in front of you in the arrival pattern appears either to be lost, or have no knowledge of the arrival procedures/NOTAM (which is extensive and detailed) JUST BREAKOUT AND RE-ENTER at the entry point....trying to stay in position behind someone who is lost will nearly guarantee a "de-stabilized approach".

I also recommend a "safety pilot" in your aircraft to 1.) help clear for traffic 2.) look for traffic pattern land marks, and 3.) allow you to concentrate on flying a stable approach and landing...(yes,... people do it single-seat all the time...but... a second set of eyes can be a big help.)

DLF8108

Latest resources

Back