Sully's Comments re NWA Overflight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Raoul Duke

I can't believe Sully is passing up such a great PR opportunity to weigh in on the NW crew that obviously fell asleep duing a heated conversation regarding airline policy. He needs to step forward and tell us what happened on that flight and how it is solely the result of the pay cuts taken by those pilots. His experience and infalliable piloting skills must have guided that crew as they woke up from their little nap.

What's your point? You wish you had a book, but your life is not as interesting to others as it is to you?

Be happy for they guy.

I can't believe Sully is passing up such a great PR opportunity to weigh in on the NW crew that obviously fell asleep duing a heated conversation regarding airline policy. He needs to step forward and tell us what happened on that flight and how it is solely the result of the pay cuts taken by those pilots. His experience and infalliable piloting skills must have guided that crew as they woke up from their little nap.

Sounds like someone is jealous.

I was listening on AM radio this morning, interviewing their "aviation expert", a guy who retired in the 1980's, flying captain on the DC8.
He said that pilot pay has nothing to do with pilots performance or personal life, because the starting pay at all the airlines is about $30k a year.
Glad they interview someone so far removed from reality.

Sully isn't commenting because he's an ALPA/Military trained Safety Professional. He knows better than to "John Nance" an incident before the facts are in.

Sully isn't commenting because he's an ALPA/Military trained Safety Professional. He knows better than to "John Nance" an incident before the facts are in.

upon reflection I totally agree with you. Him commenting would be just like showing up at a trial that he had absolutely nothing to do with and giving testimony. Clearly he would never do that. . .

What if they were not asleep? Maybe he will comment on it after the findings are released. Smart to me!

What if they were not asleep? Maybe he will comment on it after the findings are released. Smart to me!

If they were not asleep then they'll likely be in a bigger bucket of $**T than if that were. To go that long without situational awareness while conscious would mean that these guys need to go back and redo their private pilot certificates... A320 ------> C150, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Latest resources

Back