Sully's Comments re NWA Overflight

Raoul Duke

Total Time
I can't believe Sully is passing up such a great PR opportunity to weigh in on the NW crew that obviously fell asleep duing a heated conversation regarding airline policy. He needs to step forward and tell us what happened on that flight and how it is solely the result of the pay cuts taken by those pilots. His experience and infalliable piloting skills must have guided that crew as they woke up from their little nap.

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Total Time
What's your point? You wish you had a book, but your life is not as interesting to others as it is to you?

Be happy for they guy.

weasel_lips

Total Time
I can't believe Sully is passing up such a great PR opportunity to weigh in on the NW crew that obviously fell asleep duing a heated conversation regarding airline policy. He needs to step forward and tell us what happened on that flight and how it is solely the result of the pay cuts taken by those pilots. His experience and infalliable piloting skills must have guided that crew as they woke up from their little nap.
Sounds like someone is jealous.

WayBack

Total Time
I was listening on AM radio this morning, interviewing their "aviation expert", a guy who retired in the 1980's, flying captain on the DC8.
He said that pilot pay has nothing to do with pilots performance or personal life, because the starting pay at all the airlines is about $30k a year.
Glad they interview someone so far removed from reality.

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Sully isn't commenting because he's an ALPA/Military trained Safety Professional. He knows better than to "John Nance" an incident before the facts are in.

Raoul Duke

Total Time
Sully isn't commenting because he's an ALPA/Military trained Safety Professional. He knows better than to "John Nance" an incident before the facts are in.
upon reflection I totally agree with you. Him commenting would be just like showing up at a trial that he had absolutely nothing to do with and giving testimony. Clearly he would never do that. . .

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
Once the facts are out...... other wise Sully would probably sound like the threads on FI

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
What if they were not asleep? Maybe he will comment on it after the findings are released. Smart to me!

aussieflyboy

Total Time
What if they were not asleep? Maybe he will comment on it after the findings are released. Smart to me!
If they were not asleep then they'll likely be in a bigger bucket of $**T than if that were. To go that long without situational awareness while conscious would mean that these guys need to go back and redo their private pilot certificates... A320 ------> C150, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

ableone

Total Time
Nance does appear to be an idiot.

B-atch

broke, and getting worse.
Total Time
......maybe they were both deep into Sully's book?????

Q400 Gear Bitch

Nationwide Beer Taster
Total Time
He knows better than to "John Nance" an incident before the facts are in.[/QUOTE]

Now that sir is funny!

ArtVandalay

Banned
Total Time
none
Sully is the biggest facade since Tebow. I'm sick of hearing about this guy like he's cured cancer or something. It was the whole crew that deserves credit, not that egotistical jacka$$

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Total Time
Sully is the biggest facade since Tebow. I'm sick of hearing about this guy like he's cured cancer or something. It was the whole crew that deserves credit, not that egotistical jacka$$
He's just a normal guy who the media loves. He's a nice guy taking advantage of the cards that fell in his lap.

Grow up, what would you do in his shoes?

Chairman

Total Time
11000+

Every interview he does he credits the crew for the sucessful outcome.

dollacrackho

Total Time
I give Sully a lot of credit. He's taken every opportunity he's gotten to use his 15 minutes of fame to voice his concern about the salaries in this industry and how it no longer draws the best and brightest to this career. He could have used all his air time to be a self promoting book shill but instead he's alerting the public to what god awful wages we make in this sh!t box of an industry. I don't know how you could fault him for the way he's handled his insta-celebrity status.