• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sully, welcome to Phoenix

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sully really needs to take the For Sale sign off from around his neck.

He sure does. Shortly after his landing in the Hudson, an article appeared in his hometown newspaper . (Sacramento Bee,maybe?) It seemed Richard Branson tried to entice him to fly for Virgin America, "price no object. " His response ? "I'll consider all offers that come my way. " Compared to Al Hayes the United DC10 Captain who got his crippled airplane down without hydraulics , this guy is nothing more than a flying whore in comparison.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Are you saying you wouldn't "consider all offers" if in a similar position?

He sure does. Shortly after his landing in the Hudson, an article appeared in his hometown newspaper . (Sacramento Bee,maybe?) It seemed Richard Branson tried to entice him to fly for Virgin America, "price no object. " His response ? "I'll consider all offers that come my way. " Compared to Al Hayes the United DC10 Captain who got his crippled airplane down without hydraulics , this guy is nothing more than a flying whore in comparison.

PHXFLYR:cool:
I have a feeling that Al Haynes pension was a bit better than that of Sully's.

Are you saying you wouldn't "consider all offers" if in a similar position?
You don't know PHXFLYR? He certainly would not have considered any offers. He would have been back in his cockpit the following week. He's the only real pilot not swayed by the almightly dollar.

Do not worry Westies. You will be broken up soon and you can go your merry way without the Easties that are soon all retiring. A divorce is just down the road and the evil east will move on. Good luck Westies at your new LCC and may the quick upgrades happen again with your new freedom.

M

What a sad and beaten down little person you seem to be. Have a great week. I'm going out to enjoy a nice cool ride down through Arkansas tomorrow.

Sour grapes for not ditching? Does that even sound reasonable when you read it out loud?

"Dang it, I landed where I intended AGAIN!" (No offense Delta pilots)

Ouch, you're chock full of grumpy indeed! I don't think Delta pilots have any patent on landing at the wrong airport!

You don't know PHXFLYR? He certainly would not have considered any offers. He would have been back in his cockpit the following week. He's the only real pilot not swayed by the almightly dollar.

Thank you for your assessment. I will now take great comfort in the knowledge that PHXFLYR is such a paragon of virtue!

Ladies and Gentlemen of FI, we should ALL aspire to such lofty values!

Sully really needs to take the For Sale sign off from around his neck.

I think of a real hero who was in the news for about a week and faded into obscurity. Remember the Captain who was held by Somali pirates after giving himself up so his crew would not be harmed.

You'll never know the names of the SEALs who took out the pirates. They just simply did their jobs in service to their country.

Once again, real heros.

Latest resources

Back