Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're going to be on FI you better know what this means:

shill Slang
n. One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

v. shilled, shill·ing, shills
v.intr. To act as a shill.

v.tr. 1. To act as a shill for (a deceitful enterprise).
2. To lure (a person) into a swindle.

Last edited:
Metrojet;

Thank you. I am extremely disappointed for sure. I just came of vacation and getting into the simulator yesterday to train a new Captain was hard. This is the second time I will go through this. I was one of the Initial Cadre Check Airmen that started Mid Atlantic. I helped build the 170 and 190 program here. Also did 7 delivery flights from Brazil. It has been a privilege to be involved with the program.

I do think management is doing what they think is best for the company and I hold no ill will. Life is too short. I went through my SARA Thursday and now I'll just wait and see what transpires. The deal is not final yet.

I really hoped we would be exercising the options and getting more 190's. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Can you tell me what a shill is?

Thanks again...

Can you offer some insight on how the 190 fits in with a major airline? It seems more like a regional aircraft (a lot of checked luggage, small bins and short cabins) than something along the lines of a DC-9, BAe-146 or even a Fokker 70/ 100.

Metrojet;

Thank you. I am extremely disappointed for sure. I just came of vacation and getting into the simulator yesterday to train a new Captain was hard. This is the second time I will go through this. I was one of the Initial Cadre Check Airmen that started Mid Atlantic. I helped build the 170 and 190 program here. Also did 7 delivery flights from Brazil. It has been a privilege to be involved with the program.

I do think management is doing what they think is best for the company and I hold no ill will. Life is too short. I went through my SARA Thursday and now I'll just wait and see what transpires. The deal is not final yet.

I really hoped we would be exercising the options and getting more 190's. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Can you tell me what a shill is?

Thanks again...

Don't misunderstand me. I believe you are a true believer but I don't think that AQP survives an objective analysis.

I am also disappointed that the 190 fleet will be shrinking and possibly disappearing. Getting that airframe on-property was an important accomplishment well worth the payrates we had to accept to gain the flying.

If they go away I do hope that they return.

If you're going to be on FI you better know what this means:

shill Slang
n. One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

v. shilled, shill·ing, shills
v.intr. To act as a shill.

v.tr. 1. To act as a shill for (a deceitful enterprise).
2. To lure (a person) into a swindle.

If this is aimed at me... It's exactly what I meant. I said, "The bottom line is, after acting as a USAPA shrill (meant shill, bad typing) in the courthouse that tried to add fuel to the whole "West Rookies" smoke screen, he's going to have to re-earn the respect of the West pilots."

Perhaps I should have said, "The bottom line is, after acting as a USAPA satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle in the courthouse that tried to add fuel to the whole "West Rookies" smoke screen, he's going to have to re-earn the respect of the West pilots.

There you go. Have a nice day.

Not sure if you at US Airways or not but here, we have what is called an Opportunity for Training Day (OTD).
I remember when we were first being briefed about the AQP changes and told about the OTD option. I asked the (East) check airman how often pilots utilized it. He said he didn't know of any who've done it and we all chuckled.

What you didn't mention was the OTD is without pay (and probably not available at the desirable time slots). For a commuter like me I'd have to blow at least a day and a half of my days off and pop for a hotel room just for the privilege of getting to what I feel is a minimum level of proficiency. This isn't the way it should be.

I don't wish to condemn AQP as a whole. I remember being pretty happy with it back at TWA. But the US Airways version is severely lacking. The pre-packaged oral knowledge questions are poorly written to point where the examiners can't use at least a quarter of them. In the sim the examiner is constantly apologizing for how constricted he is. I just don't leave the sim feeling like I've accomplished something anymore.

Vasin, a rookie pilot with a few years at AWA and former commuter pilot. What a surprise.

M

Well MCDU...... and what are you... a Flight Attendant trying to be a pilot. Mr. Vasin is a real pilot, a family man and someone who has intergrity. Not someone like you who has no stake in the USAirways.

Vasin was at Eagle. That made him a bald Eagle.

M

Latest resources

Back