Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Singlecoil

I don't reMember
Did anyone else see that? I'm sure someone can post a link.
I was very glad to hear Sully and Jon Stewart highlight the present state of low pay in the industry.

I am one of those who thought Sully sullied his reputation by testifying in the USAPA trial, but I thought he totally redeemed himself on the show as an ambassador for the profession.

I am one of those who thought Sully sullied his reputation by testifying in the USAPA trial, but I thought he totally redeemed himself on the show as an ambassador for the profession.

He's been highlighting the state of the profession in every interview I've seen. Even with Stewart, he repeated many of the things I've heard him say in other interviews. He's found a way to describe the situation without pointing fingers at any one entity as the cause.

Regardless of people's thoughts on his USAPA stuff, or how he doesnt mention Jeff Skiles more than 5 times an interview, he's a great ambassador for the profession. Just imagine how much worse it could be.

I saw it last night and he did a fine job. If you combine this interview with the segment from "Capitalism, a Love Story", by Michael Moore, the public gets a better picture of the industry.

Love Michael Moore or hate him, his film is having an effect and it is changing the debate about airline safety.

Look at what is in the news for the traveling public.

(1) Sully
(2) Pilots on Food Stamps - Michael Moore
(3) Crash pads in the Washington Post.
(4) Fatigue - We can expect some new regulation after years of inaction.

It's about time the public understood what has happened to this industry.

Sully and Skiles BOTH Perjured themselves on the stand in Federal Court in an effort to advance USAPAs Illegal, malevolent campaign to steal the careers of the West pilots. I have no respect for either.

Sully and Skiles BOTH Perjured themselves on the stand in Federal Court in an effort to advance USAPAs Illegal, malevolent campaign to steal the careers of the West pilots. I have no respect for either.

Look I'm sorry, I truly am sorry about the debacle that is USAPA. Sully and Skiles stuck up for their pilot group first and foremost. Perhaps that is misguided, but it is what 99.9% of us would have done in the same situation.

Nevertheless from a broad view, Sully and Skiles are the best reps for this profession since Al Haynes and Denny Fitch. Sully can walk into any room and people will fall over themselves to shake his hand. Skiles really won me by executing a flawless take down of that Riddle Prof at the House hearings a few weeks ago. I have nothing but respect for them using their fame to point out what a farce this profession has become.

You are way off target.

Sully is doing good things for this profession.

ALPO should take note.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewert Oct 13.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/101960/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tue-oct-13-2009

Sully is well spoken and he gave a great interview.

Last edited:
The fact remains that Westies can not stand East pilots. But some how, they still want to combine the seniority lists. On the other hand, Easties have no respect for Westies and do not want to combine seniority lists. Why does one side want the list implemented so bad. Drumroll

WINDFALL a huge freakin WINDFALL for the Westies, that is not part of the old ALPA merger policy. (Which has now changed and includes longevity) I wonder why.
Easties want a divorce, because the NIC will not work.

M

The fact remains that Westies can not stand East pilots. But some how, they still want to combine the seniority lists. On the other hand, Easties have no respect for Westies and do not want to combine seniority lists. Why does one side want the list implemented so bad. Drumroll

WINDFALL a huge freakin WINDFALL for the Westies, that is not part of the old ALPA merger policy. (Which has now changed and includes longevity) I wonder why.
Easties want a divorce, because the NIC will not work.

M

SECOND VERSE!! SAME AS THE FIRST.........

No divorce Marty. We "westies" are joining up with your 45% "silent" minority. Hopefully change is coming soon. Failing that, the ninth will render it's decision and we will move on after that.

I'm still curious....If you are not a US Airways PILOT, why oh why do you care & spout off so much?? Are you dating or married to a US Airways pilot? Is your Dad, Uncle, Aunt, Brother(s) or Sister (s) a US Airways pilot?

See you in Philly.......PS I get along great with many east pilots. The ones that I have difficulty with are the ones that don't know the meaning of FINAL & BINDING and INTEGRITY. We should have had a contract 2 years ago. If you are in the top half of the East list.....that translates to a loss of over $120,000 (including improved schedules and time off) that will never be regained. The list is the list, there will be no fences and no adjustment. Time to move on.

Last edited:
So Dave, you are now a USAPA member just like Adam. I thought you all hated USAPA and were never going to join?

I am a F/A. I make Tacos. I use to work for Wendys. I got my flight training at Gulfstream.

The silent minority is closer to 5%. Good luck trying to cash in your Windfall.

Last Winter, Westies on here spouted that this will all be over in April. I guess they were wrong again. Just like when you thought USAPA (a real Union) would never be elected.

This is long from being over. It is just getting started. By the way, I would like to welcome all the new Westie USAPA members. Looks like the majority of the Westies are USAPA now. Thats so funny, because they all swore they would never join.

Good luck Dave. I know living in PHX can create dillusional thoughts with all that heat and sand. By the way.You looking pretty cool in that Facebook pic. You look like a biker. Are you a biker? You look like you are around 40. Is the moustache real? I miss your posts on the ALPA board. You sounded like a broken record when you posted the same crap on this comedy board. Believing you can post the same sh1t on different boards is not going to change a persons mind. Just like you friend Adam.

M

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back