• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sully on the Daily Show.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's been highlighting the state of the profession in every interview I've seen. Even with Stewart, he repeated many of the things I've heard him say in other interviews. He's found a way to describe the situation without pointing fingers at any one entity as the cause.

Regardless of people's thoughts on his USAPA stuff, or how he doesnt mention Jeff Skiles more than 5 times an interview, he's a great ambassador for the profession. Just imagine how much worse it could be.

I agree completely and I am a westie.

BLAH BLAH BLAH Drumroll

WINDFALL a huge freakin WINDFALL for the Westies, that is not part of the old ALPA merger policy. (Which has now changed and includes longevity) I wonder why. Blah Blah Blah.....

Perhaps we west pilots are interested in not losing more ground and even recovering what we lost by enforcing the award.

Former east furloghees are now working while pilots who brought a job to the merger are now on the street. Quite a windfall for the east pilots.

The east wanted a list that recaptured all that they had lost in previous bankruptcies by stealing from the west pilots. "Yes let's make furloughed east pilots senior to west captains, that's fair and equitable - to the east furloughees."

Of course it's no use explaining this and other facts because you are apparently incredibly dense.

So Dave, you are now a USAPA member just like Adam. I thought you all hated USAPA and were never going to join?

I am a F/A. I make Tacos. I use to work for Wendys. I got my flight training at Gulfstream.

The silent minority is closer to 5%. Good luck trying to cash in your Windfall.

Last Winter, Westies on here spouted that this will all be over in April. I guess they were wrong again. Just like when you thought USAPA (a real Union) would never be elected.

This is long from being over. It is just getting started. By the way, I would like to welcome all the new Westie USAPA members. Looks like the majority of the Westies are USAPA now. Thats so funny, because they all swore they would never join.

Good luck Dave. I know living in PHX can create dillusional thoughts with all that heat and sand. By the way.You looking pretty cool in that Facebook pic. You look like a biker. Are you a biker? You look like you are around 40. Is the moustache real? I miss your posts on the ALPA board. You sounded like a broken record when you posted the same crap on this comedy board. Believing you can post the same sh1t on different boards is not going to change a persons mind. Just like you friend Adam.

M

Wow. That's a bunch of hyperbole to digest. Lots of anger pertaining to issue that does not you (per your statement). Let's see....Cool? Don't know about that...I'm more of a wanna-be, but I do love to ride. I'm over 50, but act half my age...so it works out. Yes the mustache is mine & a soul patch when I have enough time off prior to a ride. I'm the nicest guy I know:). Am I bothered that you are able to glean a bunch of personal information about me...naaaa. No big deal. No big secrets. PS...I don't live in PHX...to stinking hot in the summer. I live mid-country, so a commute to PHL or CLT to "cash in that lottery" we be no problem.

I am posting a message on a couple of boards to pilots that are NOT part of the angry FO club. These are the people that understand that while they might not like it, the Nicolau list is here to stay. These pilots that we seek out also know that Cleary's path will take them to nothing other than financial penalty (likely). I have met many east pilots that fall into that category, and the list is growing. Will we get enough to process a change? Don't know, but we have to try.

PS...Adam's a good guy, and is an excellent example of a voice of reason. I am pleased that he is a fellow AWA pilot.

Regarding Capt. Sully's Daily Show: Actually pretty good. Well spoken and represented. I can not tell you how pleased I am about the outcome that he and Jeff were able manage regarding the ditching in the Hudson. Any other outcome would have been disastrous. My only bone of contention is the use of these two gentlemen in the DFR court case.

Had this happened to a West crew, I am reasonably sure that the west testimony would also had NO place in this court case. Very disingenuous, to be sure.

God Bless you Marty. Perhaps we can sit and enjoy a ice cold beverage sometime......Matthew 5:44

Quote:Former east furloghees are now working while pilots who brought a job to the merger are now on the street. Quite a windfall for the east pilots.

The east wanted a list that recaptured all that they had lost in previous bankruptcies by stealing from the west pilots. "Yes let's make furloughed east pilots senior to west captains, that's fair and equitable - to the east furloughees."

You ever hear of conditions and restrictions that protects your job and position?

I hate to break it to you. But the former East pilots that were on furlough replaced East jobs. Jobs they brought to the merger. East was retiring 350 a year til 65 happened 2 years ago. Those jobs did not belong to the west. All furloughed pilots had a chance to go back prior to the Nic award.

East is down to min. fleet (202 from 400+) and the 190's looks like they are going away. The jobs the furloughed East pilots have are due to East positions being vacated. Get it. Probably not. AWA pilots did not need college to get hired? That explains alot.

M

Last edited:
Cactusboy53. You sound like a nice guy. I wish you a great day.

M

You are way off target.

Sully is doing good things for this profession.

ALPO should take note.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewert Oct 13.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/101960/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tue-oct-13-2009

Sully is well spoken and he gave a great interview.

1. I'm not off target at all, read the transcripts...their lies, (under oath) are crystal clear and quickly brought out in cross examination.

2. Sully's interview qualities are irrelevant to his integrity...imo, he has none. He tried to swoon a jury with his fame and wax poetic about the meaning of integrity using some made up, decades old story about his kid. The ironic part is that using his OWN story, he painted himself to be a huge hypocrite in front of the Jury. A fact lost on no one in the court room. USAPA was convicted in under 90 minutes. I guess I wasn't the only one unimpressed with our hero.

becket.
Just talked to one of your former Capt. that you flew with at Metrojet. Remember that.
You pulled gear for a guy that you are now senior to on the Nic. Scott was a late 88 hire and is now junior to you on the Nic. I told him that you got hired at AWA in 2005. He did not seem very amused. He said you are probably the worst pilot he has ever seen and was visibily pissed when I brought up your name.

M

becket.
Just talked to one of your former Capt. that you flew with at Metrojet. Remember that.
You pulled gear for a guy that you are now senior to on the Nic. Scott was a late 88 hire and is now junior to you on the Nic. I told him that you got hired at AWA in 2005. He did not seem very amused. He said you are probably the worst pilot he has ever seen and was visibily pissed when I brought up your name.

M

Sorry MCdoodle. Most of your stated facts couldn't be any further from the truth...except the fact that I'm no chuck yeager. That part is mostly true so no argument here. I know you like to "out" people...it makes you feel like some kind of clandestine tough guy I guess...but as far as I'm concerned, well, keep your day job inspector Tracy you have no idea who I am.

Also, why don't you and your imaginary friend, "scott" go take a tour of the Mojave Desert Airport. There you'll find the rotting remains of your history, hundreds upon hundreds of old us air airframes, the entire metrojet fleet, and a visual reminder of exactly what a 1988 hires career was worth when the PID was established. I know facts and reality are as repellent to you as sunshine is to a vampire, but it doesn't make facts any less true, or reality any less real.

Check out www.airliners.net. there you will be able to take a virtual tour of the grave site of us airways. That way you won't have to use any of your taco bell vacation time to go pay a visit in person. Say hi to "Scott" for me!!

Last edited:
Quote:Former east furloghees are now working while pilots who brought a job to the merger are now on the street. Quite a windfall for the east pilots.

You ever hear of conditions and restrictions that protects your job and position?

Yes I have, and the conditions and restrictions were a joke. "In the event of a RIF any furloughee recalled within twelve months of the RIF will be re-furloughed. However after twelve months have elapsed DOH will determine furlough status."

That is a lot of protection - for east furloughees. Twelve months after recall a line holding captain on the west would have to face furlough before an east pilot, who was on the street during the merger, would have to be re-furloughed. Certainly not a windfall.

I hate to break it to you. But the former East pilots that were on furlough replaced East jobs. Jobs they brought to the merger. East was retiring 350 a year til 65 happened 2 years ago. Those jobs did not belong to the west. All furloughed pilots had a chance to go back prior to the Nic award.

No they replaced west jobs. As for the much vaunted "attrition" brought to the merger by the east - quite a lot of this attrition was coming from retiring FOs, not captains. This attrition offered no upgrade opportunities.

East is down to min. fleet (202 from 400+) and the 190's looks like they are going away. The jobs the furloughed East pilots have are due to East positions being vacated. Get it. Probably not. AWA pilots did not need college to get hired? That explains alot.

The west has shrunk from its pre merger size to its minimum fleet count as well.

As for the 190s it was the foresight of the west pilots that brought these aircraft on property in the first place. The east pilots had long ago sold out their scope but the west had specifically carved out the 190 as a mainline aircraft.

If not for the west, no east pilot would have ever had the chance to fly a 190, they would have been operated by a fee per departure operator had it been left up to the east group.

The only reason any east pilot was ever recalled was due to the merger.

You are a sad child. Is it your daddy who works for USAir?

Last edited:
DOH will determine furlough status?
Whats wrong with that? Even Empire pilots had that and other C and R when they merged with Piedmont. Those are core Union principles. But greed and entitlement is what Westies want. The PFT mentality at Mesa Grande is what drives their values.

The West has not come close to the shrinkage the East has experienced. The only other pilot group that has been screwed worse is Midwest Exp. TWA another hose job

The West shrunk? They had to. That is because the West expanded when about every other legacy airline furloughed pilots in early 2003. Just look how all the hiring at ATA worked out for their pilots. Guess what. You would be furloughing like you did in 2001 and probably would have gone out of business. Straight from the mouth of your CEO.

M

Latest resources

Back