Suggestions on diet during trips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great thread!!

As I get back into line flying, I'm going to go out of my way to eat properly. I didn't bust my ass to lose the 50+ I've lost so far to go back to eating burgers, pizza, and the other traditional junk that comes with the job.

Tuna

They come in those sealed packets now, no messy draining involved and they last forever. I always stick a couple in my suitcase for when I can't find a decent meal somewhere. They even have different flavors now.

food

I have pretty good luck getting a refrigerator at every hotel that I stay at. I pack some fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, onions, black olives, sour cream, salsa, avocado, and pitas and pack them individually in a baggy. I then pack a 2 cup cheese bag and carry it all along with a portable 1lb meat cooked with taco seasoning.

It sounds like alot of work but it is really easy and I'm able to cook about 8 seperate meals for around 14- 18 bucks. The perfect soft-taco kit that will make every crew room drool with a high level of concentrate.

I usually pack some fruit and soup and I'm ususally pretty well set for any four day slammed at me.

Good luck

I carry things like trail mix, high protein/low carb meal replacement bars etc. Biggest thing is to avoid traditional fast food and soft drinks.

Also, on the overnight get in a run or a trip to the weight room if the hotel has one and you have the time.

Ditto on the meal replacement bars. Tri-O-plex is great and it's high in protein. A great non-perishable item. I keep the vaacum packed or small canned tuna/chicken & crackers too. Think high protien! Too many carbs and you are hungry again in an hour. "Homestyle Selections" by Sweet Sue makes dishes like Chicken Marinara in pouches that need no refrigeration.

Dinty Moore has decent packaged dinners that are reasonably priced and shelf-stable, so they don't need refrigeration. Things like Salisbury Steak and Turkey & Gravy.
'

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back