stupid question about wisdom teeth removal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

relief tube

Has anyone survived having IMPACTED wisdom teeth removed with just the needle for anethesia or should I definitely spend the extra for the "in and out state" that "sedation" provides? (Wish I knew the exact titles of these procedures)

It's just so tempting: with benefits incl., I'd save $150 if I would skip the "sedation" anasthetic and instead just do the needle (similar to getting cavities drilled.

Whadya think? Thanks.

Get knocked out. Mine weren't even impacted and I had it done. I can't stand the dentist or any surgeons anyway.

Don't even worry about it. I had some ridiculously impacted teeth. I took Xanax an hour before and then they gassed the crap out of me. And then plenty of percoset afterwards. Apparently the xanax creates amnesia because the last thing I remember was getting driven there and then I kind of remeber the ride home. But the dentist said I was cracking jokes and stuff. He said he had to tell me to stop talking so he could work. The only wierd thing is when you eat for the first few monthes, you get food in the holes and you have to use a syringe to get it out. You will find it unbelievable how much food fits in there. I swear I sprayed a whole sandwich out of there once.

Defintiely go under! Mine were impacted too. When I asked my dentist which way I should go, he asked me if I wanted to feel and see him chipping and tugging all over my mouth and smell the wonderful smells....I opted to sleep through it and am happy that I did.

Get put out, I was awake for mine. they give you like 8 shots of lidicain, four in the roof of your mouth. I think I had tears in my eyes when I left that place. The worst couple of hours of my life. I would never wish that on anybody. Without a doubt get knocked out.

I had four impacted teeth and they recomended I go under for the surgery. I'm glad I did. Just remember to have someone there to take you home. I was apparently having conversations with the doctor and asistants after the procedure. I remember none of it.

I stayed awake during mine... only had one that was impacted though, so it wasn't too terribly bad. Worth saving the money for me, since I didn't have insurance at the time. If they use the lidocaine prior to giving you the shots they don't hurt near as bad.

relief tube said:
Has anyone survived having IMPACTED wisdom teeth removed with just the needle for anethesia or should I definitely spend the extra for the "in and out state" that "sedation" provides? (Wish I knew the exact titles of these procedures)

It's just so tempting: with benefits incl., I'd save $150 if I would skip the "sedation" anasthetic and instead just do the needle (similar to getting cavities drilled.

Whadya think? Thanks.

I had impacted wisdom teeth removed. Do what I did: get knocked out!

When it's all done, you'll [hopefully!] wake up, and will hurt a bit. You will look like Kirby for a few days :)

Had two of them taken out with a local and "pliers"...piece o' cake.

Had two wickedly impacted and got put out like a light...glad I did! It took him 4.5 hours to excavate those suckers out of my jaw! I was sick as a dog for 3 days! The pain killers just made me puke! If I had to do it all over again, I'd have them put me out for 3 days not just the 6 hrs that I was in la-la land!

Good Luck!

GET KNOCKED OUT!!

I woke up during the procedure and was not a happy camper!

When they tell you to put ice on it.... DO IT I looked like a chipmunk for a week afterwards because I didnt put ice on it.

Best of Luck....

-celloman

Latest resources

Back