• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

stupid question about wisdom teeth removal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You "get the gas" guys are are a helluva lot tougher than me. I had 4 impacted and got knocked out, way out. I hate that stuff...:puke:

Good ole' Navy doc took mine out when I was in the Corps. Shot my mouth up real good and I was awake but no pain. I remember he had his knee on my chest and one hand on my forehead then went in with a 90 degree needlenose pliers! Could not get one out so he split it in four pieces-no shoot.
Had to go back next week for the otherside. I'd take gas if I had the choice.

They knocked me out like a light. Don't remember a thing and I'm perfectly happy with that. The most painless procedure I've had to date.

Skyboy722 said:
You "get the gas" guys are are a helluva lot tougher than me. I had 4 impacted and got knocked out, way out. I hate that stuff...:puke:

You want to talk about tough, check out the book, "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey.

He had previously screwed up his mouth because of his drug use and had to undergo a DOUBLE root canal without anesthetic. Because he was in a treatment program he wasn't allowed drugs of any kind.

Of course he was an idiot for letting his life get that far gone, but it's just an unbelievable story (and not just the denistry part).

I'd probably just go with the dentures. :erm:

I just had this done two weeks ago, remember if you get knocked out it's FMLA and the company can't count a sick call against you.

As for the knocking out part. Depends on your pain threshold, but if its all four I definitely would. If its just one you might get away with just painkillers.

your gonna LOVE the painkillers man...................

my 2 cents

Relief tube-

Get the procedure done. Insurance will deny the claim, then you can appeal it. As long as your oral surgeon is supportive, the insurance company will approve the appeal. This is what my wife did exactly.

Latest resources

Back