• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Stupid question about today's crash

hyflyt560

Total Time
Thank God all of the passengers are alive. But, do they cut up the floor to retrieve any animals that might be aboard? The kids asked, so it got me thinking...

flynryan15

Total Time
2000+
Usairways does not allow Animals in the baggage compartment so your kids can sleep well tonight!

gret

Total Time
n/a
Pets in cargo compartment

Our hub cities of Phoenix and Las Vegas have extreme temperatures that regularly exceed 100 degrees. For the safety of your pet, US Airways does not accept any animals in its cargo compartments.

GuppyWN

Total Time
Just to clarify, they don't cut up the floors to stow items in the cargo bins so I wouldn't think they'd cut up the floor to retrieve cargo from the bins.

Gup

McNugget

Banned
messiah
Total Time
They needlessly killed some birds, they wouldn't have much regard for your pet.

joe_pilot

There be whales here!
Total Time
>0
never mind

Erlanger

Total Time
13000+
I think this is a conspiracy by the far left liberals to distract attention from Bush's last speech and farewell to the nation.

OK, enough of the funny business. You all know I'm just joking. Congradulations to the Captain and crew for a job well done. It's really awesome that all got out alive.

JJET44

Total Time
>5000
I'd like to say congrats to the First Officer for the great job he did. The F.O. never gets any respect. Everybody thinks that it's the captain and his monkey gear handle puller.

McNugget

Banned
messiah
Total Time
I'd like to say congrats to the First Officer for the great job he did. The F.O. never gets any respect. Everybody thinks that it's the captain and his monkey gear handle puller.

how do you know its a he. could be a she.

no thas not right, another empty kitchen if its a she.

good job captain!

Habib

Total Time
11:30
A little luck never hurts either, having the tanks 4/5 full of Air turns the jet into a pontoon. Not that the crew did not do a great job, just lucky they were not on their way to PHX.

McNugget

Banned
messiah
Total Time
If they were ALPA pilots, the plane would not have crashed in the first place.

"What makes planes fly? ALPA pilots, son. ALPA pilots make planes fly!"

AKAAB

Total Time
20K+
A little luck never hurts either, having the tanks 4/5 full of Air turns the jet into a pontoon. Not that the crew did not do a great job, just lucky they were not on their way to PHX.

Jet-A is lighter than water and would have the same effect. There would likely be a difference in total buoyancy, but the fuel did not make the airplane sink.

Remember, they used bladders filled with diesel to raise the big piece of steel from the Titanic.

freightdogfred

Malcontent
Total Time
Mucho
Jet-A is lighter than water and would have the same effect. There would likely be a difference in total buoyancy, but the fuel did not make the airplane sink.

Remember, they used bladders filled with diesel to raise the big piece of steel from the Titanic.

No, the fuel did not make the plane sink. It sank when all the air was displaced from the fuel tanks.

They used diesel in the bladders because fluid cannot be compressed. If air had been used, it would have expanded to the point of bursting the bladder as it ascended.

The part about there being a difference in total buoyancy is accurate, there is a BIG difference.

LeonPhelps

Total Time
No, the fuel did not make the plane sink. It sank when all the air was displaced from the fuel tanks.

They used diesel in the bladders because fluid cannot be compressed. If air had been used, it would have expanded to the point of bursting the bladder as it ascended.

The part about there being a difference in total buoyancy is accurate, there is a BIG difference.

Hey Freightdogfred...what's the cup size on your avatar? Seriously, don't just throw something out there if you don't know...because this is serious stuff!! But I kinda want to know...I'm thinking double G? I'm not sayin...I'm just sayin...