Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZaviator

El Capitan
Most of us have been there and have had a few. Let's hear them!

Here's a few I've had, I'll exclude the company names, but they were all regional air carriers:

1.) Interviewer: Why did you drop your Algebra class your sophmore year of college?
ME: I wasn't able arrange my work schedule around my class and decided to take it the following semester.

Interviewer: I think that showed a severe lack of commitment toward getting your college degree.

Me: hahahahaahha......oh.....wait...you're being serious?

2.) Interviewer: So, would you be able to go through training without pay for 6 weeks?

Me: Probably not. The fact you are compensated and put up in a hotel during training are a few of the many reasons I am interested working for this company.

Interviewer: I guess you didn't hear, that policy was changed this past Monday. We no longer pay during training. Does that change how you feel about working here?

Me: Yes.
Interviewer: How so?
Me: I can't go 6 weeks without a paycheck, so I think I'm no longer interested in working here.
(interview ends!)

aaiiight.

maybe next time interview only at quality companies if you are looking for a quality job.

You didn't "show the man" - you just wasted your time.

(and no doubt some money)

:rolleyes:

One of my non-aviation clients was interviewing for a position and was asked this question:

"If we had a potluck, what would you bring?"

I was floored by how stupid that question was - but she was hired. I did not think that her answer of "homemade macaroni" was the best, but apparently that must have been what they were missing at their potlucks! :D

This wasn't for a job but........

I was attempting to get a loan at KEY bank for some additional flight training and the loan officer lady was telling me how dangerous flying was and asked me how I intended to repay the loan when I die in a plane crash?
My answer was "If I die in a plane crash, the last thing I'm going to be concerned about is how Key bank is going to get their money".

I did get the loan

I never was asked a stupid question but after a long day interviewing, the hr lady caught me looking at her cleavage. She had some knockers and i couldnt help myself. I didnt know what to say when she caught me so i just played dumb.

pookie said:
I never was asked a stupid question but after a long day interviewing, the hr lady caught me looking at her cleavage. She had some knockers and i couldnt help myself. I didnt know what to say when she caught me so i just played dumb.

LOL, very nice! But did you get the job?

LOL, very nice! But did you get the job

Who cares about the job. The question is did he get the lady?

Another question I was once asked at an interview was:

"What would be the worst thing about working here?"

What kind of question is that? Why would someone even ask that??

Latest resources

Back