• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stupid interview questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My senior year in college we were hiring a new aviation proffessor. They brought a guy in and have him give a lecture to the students so we could then give our feedback.

The question that the hiring pannel (facutly and students) gave him for the lecture was. "What has casued the recent financial troubles of the airline industry, and what would should be done to fix them?"

Poor guy, I had to laugh. I though hell, if he has some time left, why not ask him to solve the confilct between the palestinians and jews.

Regional Chief Pilot: So, do you think you're a good pilot?

Me: I don't have to think about it -- I f***ing know I am, Chief.

Sometimes, what they want to see is your 'tude. I got the job.

American Eagle Interviewer- July 2001

Interviewer: "One of the main reasons people come to work here is because of the job stability. We have never furloughed a pilot"

I got asked this one...luckily it was a phone interview and I didn't loose out any money or time going to the interview in person...

"Are you 'with it'?"

This was for a King Air PIC job - I never did get asked anything technical about the airplane I was flying. Thought they wanted safe pilots to get their clients from point A to point B, not some cool, hip person.

Stupid Interview Questions

Interviewer, a CP: "What would you do if one of our attractive, young flight attendants propositioned you during duty time--tell me how you would handle that."

Me: "I'd first start looking for the wire or the camera! Come on sir, take a good look at me. Do you think you'd EVER have to worry about that situation happening to me, without her having a vast monetary incentive?"

I got hired.

Latest resources

Back