• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Study Concludes That Jetblue Pilots ARE Affraid Of Their Own Shaddows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm in no way anti union. I've been an alpa member for 13 years of my carrier. But I always find it comical when pro union folks spout off about holding up the profession and supporting our brother and sisters. Then the industry takes a turn for the worst and we all can't cut each others throat fast enough. I hope the Jet blue guys do what exactly best for themselves. Because that's what every single one of us is doing and will continue to do.

I'm in no way anti union. I've been an alpa member for 13 years of my carrier. But I always find it comical when pro union folks spout off about holding up the profession and supporting our brother and sisters. Then the industry takes a turn for the worst and we all can't cut each others throat fast enough. I hope the Jet blue guys do what exactly best for themselves. Because that's what every single one of us is doing and will continue to do.

I really don't understand your logic. How did anyone cut anothers throat? Since 911 this business has been in complete turmoil with almost every present day carrier driving through the bankrutcy carwash. At the end of the day union pilots get what they negotiate and JetBlue pilots get what management GIVES them. Voting down a union twice is beginning to cost JetBlue pilots BIG time.

Companies dont want unions or their property. There is a simple reason. It will cost them money. It also gets you a legal and binding contract with stated due process procedures and protections. Who doesn't get this?
The argument against unions is that it takes away merit advances. But when you have a 100% seniority based system for bidding, vacations, upgrade, etc. you lose any kind of merit advantages.
A seniority based non union work force gives management the best of both worlds and the pilots the worst of both worlds.

Latest resources

Back