Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Student pilot celebrates 4th by water balloning car show !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have seen a water balloon get a woman pregnant. Boy lucky no woman got pregnant..

Immelman said:
I had a water balloon tossed at me from an airplane once before... was at a small flyin at a podunk strip.... I got out of the way but the dang thing hit dirt, splattering it all over my pants. The balloon was dropped from approx 20' agl.... yes, twenty...

that was a fun flyin!
I watched two sheriff's deputies jump into their Blazer and spin the rear tires on a sod runway at a private airport once. They were trying to avoid a cabbage that had been thrown from a 182 from 250 feet agl. The police blazer just sat there with the rear wheel spinning like mad...the only thing that would have made this look even more dumber, would have been the siren and lights on, while the truck just sat there reving away and going no place fast. The cabbage toss was part of an annual event at that private airport and the SGT stopped by to say hi...he was one of our jump pilots and flies charter for the FBO in ATW now.

The cabbage hit the ground about two feet away from the right rear wheel.

I think it would have been funny as hell if the cabbage would have pounded through the back part of the roof...there would have been a "green leafy vegetable matter" all over the inside of that patrol vehicle.

I bet the Sheriff would have slapped the taste buds out of that SGT's mouth if there would have been a cabbage hole in the roof of one of "outagamie county's" 4x4's.

Last edited:
Any news link to the story of the Utah incident? I'm in SLC and would be interested in hearing more details...just curious...

bob

SLC news on pilot.

The SLC Trib carried the article in the Utah local section on page three. It was over the annual Logan Hotrod show. My buddy with a 69 blown Chev Camaro was not amused by the stunt.

I still can't help but giggle. I'll keep my skeltons in the closet.

Those kids deserve to have their butts kicked.

On the subject of drops, many moons ago on halloween we had a pumpkin drop contest at the DZ at a private airport. The idea was to get out of the airplane holding the pumpkin, get the parachute open, descend to 2,000', and try to drop the pumpkin in a trash can identified with big orange panel markers. From there the jumper would proceed to a gravel "peas" area for a spot landing on a 3 cm electronic disc.

I foolishly brought a bigger pumpkin, which I carved, while others wisely brought small gourd-like pumpkins they could hold in one hand. I ended up having a total malfunction anyway, and got rid of the pumpkin for a reserve ride back down, but I sat on the ground and watched others do their thing. The funniest part of the day was watching someone spiraling down with the pumpkin in their mouth. He was holding it by the stem, and the stem broke off. I saw a little tiny dot move away from him, and someone yelled, and several folks started running. It hit about ten feet behind them, and sounded like a small grenade. One of them fell down and started screaming, "I'm hit, I'm hit," at which everyone else began laughing. Pumpkin shrapnel. I guess from 2,000', it hurts...they sure blow apart from that altitude when they impact.

For the record, if you're going to jump out of an airplane with a pumpkin, smaller is better.

avbug said:
Those kids deserve to have their butts kicked.

On the subject of drops, many moons ago on halloween we had a pumpkin drop contest at the DZ at a private airport. The idea was to get out of the airplane holding the pumpkin, get the parachute open, descend to 2,000', and try to drop the pumpkin in a trash can identified with big orange panel markers. From there the jumper would proceed to a gravel "peas" area for a spot landing on a 3 cm electronic disc.

I foolishly brought a bigger pumpkin, which I carved, while others wisely brought small gourd-like pumpkins they could hold in one hand. I ended up having a total malfunction anyway, and got rid of the pumpkin for a reserve ride back down, but I sat on the ground and watched others do their thing. The funniest part of the day was watching someone spiraling down with the pumpkin in their mouth. He was holding it by the stem, and the stem broke off. I saw a little tiny dot move away from him, and someone yelled, and several folks started running. It hit about ten feet behind them, and sounded like a small grenade. One of them fell down and started screaming, "I'm hit, I'm hit," at which everyone else began laughing. Pumpkin shrapnel. I guess from 2,000', it hurts...they sure blow apart from that altitude when they impact.

For the record, if you're going to jump out of an airplane with a pumpkin, smaller is better.

We had some pumpkins left over last halloween so we used them in a sort of message drop contest at the next flight team practice... Though I think we just wanted to destroy some pumpkins more than hit anything. I did a low pass over the "target" at high speed and on my signal my kicker shoved the pumpkin out the baggage door.

Quite impressive, little bits of pumpkin everywhere with a very clearly defined point of impact. unfortunately my kicker was wounded in action as the baggage door snapped back shut on his thumb. He thinks it was worth it, although he probably wouldn't do it again ;)

CitationXDriver said:
Smaller is always better for everything right??

Keep telling yourself that.

Latest resources

Back