Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
x402 said:
The question should be, " Will Mr Boisture's ego prevent Netjets from going forward as the company it can be?"

That combined with his lack of personal self control and bursts of anger and rage... My guess? Yes.

Gulfstream 200 said:
YES I said SCABBING, they work for 1/3 the wages they should. Union bull$hit or not--- thats a SCAB. Hence they have no credibility now.

Define your version of scabbing if you would please.

The definition accepted by all unionized air carriers presently includes the existence of strike picket line to be crossed which, to date, has never materialized on this GA side of the airfield. That makes it hard for NJA pilots to be SCABS unless they were SCABS from a previous airline.

All pilots out there on furlough flying charter or yearning to someday work for any unionized 121 carrier need to remember that in selecting the choice as to whether to cross a NJA picket line and fly NJA owners during a NJA strike. It will affect their future recall rights and hiring potential.

G, you bash NJA pilots for the past 10 years when, in fact, most of us have only been here for the past 5 tops. We are now taking large steps to close that gap between our pay grades. The pay here sucks ass. Period. It's a crap job. Why would you not support us in trying to change that and in the process "raise the bar" for this entire sector of the industry? Do you not want the positive effects that raising of the bar would create on paychecks for thousands of corporate and frax pilots?

Last edited:
Sctt@NJA said:
For what its worth this particular NetJets pilot is disgusted with the unions position on who would be considered a SCAB.

For those not keeping track that would be... any pilot involved with flying a "NetJets transaction"

Not just charter pilots covering our trips, but all of NJI as well...

I can't think of a better way for us to lose all credibility than with this position.

(now I am curious if I will get an "educational PM" for this post)

Scott,

If you have any questions at all please go to one of your MEC members, Stewards, P2P reps or the SPC.

www.njasap.com

FLYLOW22 said:
Define your version of scabbing if you would please.

The definition accepted by all unionized air carriers presently includes the presence of strike picket line to be crossed which, to date, has never existed on this side of the airfield. That makes it hard for NJA pilots to be SCABS unless they were SCABS from a previous airline.

All pilots out there on furlough flying charter or yearning to someday work for any unionized 121 carrier need to remember that in selecting the choice as to whether to cross a NJA picket line and fly NJA owners during a NJA strike. It will affect future recall rights and hiring potential.

G, you bash NJA pilots for the past 10 years when, in fact, most of us have only been here for the past 5 tops. We are now taking large steps to close that gap between our pay grades. The pay here sucks ass. Period. It's a crap job as . Why would you not support us in trying to change that and in the process "raise the bar" for this entire sector of the industry? Do you not want the positive effects that raising of the bar would create on paychecks for thousands of corporate and frax pilots?

Good god, raise the bar? You buried the bar years ago.

Get salarys up? You have to at least double yours to get back to the lower side of industry standard!!!!

Wake up man! You set the bar so low you guys actually think you are doing good with your dreams of doubled salarys!!!

WOW!

I already told you what I think a SCAB is. Most of us dont need a Union to define that, its common sense. You SCABS know who you are

Save your threats, read on here...nobody is intimidated and youre losing support real fast..you would be smart to rethink your position.

Last edited:
FLYLOW22 said:
Why would you not support us in trying to change that and in the process "raise the bar" for this entire sector of the industry? Do you not want the positive effects that raising of the bar would create on paychecks for thousands of corporate and frax pilots?

Thats a little fuzzy for me, be specific; What support are you looking for? You seriously want a guy who works for a small 135 outfit to tell his boss that he will not fly a NJA sell-off, something they had routinely done before, and fall on his sword? Specifically, what benefits would he receive in that situation, seeing that he is not a member of any union?

FLYLOW22 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctt@NJA
For what its worth this particular NetJets pilot is disgusted with the unions position on who would be considered a SCAB.

For those not keeping track that would be... any pilot involved with flying a "NetJets transaction"

Not just charter pilots covering our trips, but all of NJI as well...

I can't think of a better way for us to lose all credibility than with this position.

(now I am curious if I will get an "educational PM" for this post)

Scott,

If you have any questions at all please go to one of your MEC members, Stewards, P2P reps or the SPC.

www.njasap.com

Yep....it only took 92 minutes before you got your 'guidance'. Good luck.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Good god, raise the bar? You buried the bar years ago.
I personally did this myself? I think not. We all know where the bar is set and NJA pilots are woefully below that mark. Management made many promises over the years regarding pay which never came true. The money is here... they just want it for themselves. Nothing new. If we continue to drag the bar down, the entire industry will continue to be affected... your W2 as well.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Get salarys up? You have to at least double yours to get back to the lower side of industry standard!!!!
Agreed. Are you in? Help us. We (labor) will all benefit in the long run.

Gulfstream 200 said:
I already told you what I think a SCAB is. Most of us dont need a Union to define that, its common sense. You SCABS know who you are.
SCAB is a Union term. We did need Unions to define SCAB. The defnition of a SCAB is one who crosses an existing picketline for one's own well being. This SCAB phenomenon has been recorded several ways over the years in the form of replacement workers, line crossers from the existing seniority list and even hired charter crews.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Save your threats, read on here...nobody is intimidated and youre losing support real fast..you would be smart to rethink your position.

I think the pilots of NJA would rather try to educate than intimidate. We all stand to gain more together as professional colleugues than divided factions in the same business.

Last edited:
LXJ31 said:
Thats a little fuzzy for me, be specific; What support are you looking for? You seriously want a guy who works for a small 135 outfit to tell his boss that he will not fly a NJA sell-off, something they had routinely done before, and fall on his sword? Specifically, what benefits would he receive in that situation, seeing that he is not a member of any union?

Specific... Let me try here. If I were scheduled to fly a trip during a NJA Pilot strike then I would be sure that it was NOT a NetJets sponsored trip. All you have to do is ask the right questions of your company and of several other outlets available though the various FBO vendors. If I were not satisfied with the answers given then I would hold off on making a few bucks on a charter flight in lieu of not having to worry with the spectre of a SCAB label. This is not an easy situation for the the industry to deal with but it is coming.

What to tell your boss? I would openly ask if they intend to operate NJA trips during a NJA strike. I would offer my objections to flying those trips in a polite way. I would try to emphasize that it might be better to wait until the storm stettles prior to vending for NJA. At least I would have communicated my true feelings to the powers that be. I don't personally believe that the majority of pilots WANT to SCAB. It happens becasue of various pressures (mostly econimic) exerted on labor from management.

Benefits received? A clean SCAB record. A clear conscience. Also a feeling of confidence in knowing that you did your part to protect the careers of the pilots in this industry. If you are looking for some sort of strike pay or tangable item in return I'm afraid you most likely won't find much. Benefits like that come only with Union membership but that's only a couple of Union Cards away if you wish.

Latest resources

Back