Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
The math doesn't really figure in to the contempt out there...

Let me ask you how you'd feel if you were kicked out on the street by a company that went fractional knowing that the pilots now flying your company's people are making about 1/3 what you were making...???...

Feelings are one thing.

But the fact is the pilot salaries have nothing to do with whether I am kicked out on the street or not. Once I figured that out, I would stop blaming them. Assuming I am a logical person.

El Chupacabra said:
Feelings are one thing.

But the fact is the pilot salaries have nothing to do with whether I am kicked out on the street or not. Once I figured that out, I would stop blaming them. Assuming I am a logical person.

First of all let us cease with the logic talk, especially since this scab threat defies all logic...

Second of all salary may play only up to 7% role on your operation, but in ours for example our salaries are more in the range of 15-20% ...

Last edited:
Fractional is more than an nice airplane ride.

Corporate flight departments work with travel departments, HR depts etc. to make arrangements. Sometimes the secretary makes ground transporation etc happen while the pilots are filing flight plans etc.

The thing that makes fractional work is all the behind the scenes support. The customer is paying for someone else to be sure everything else from hotel to ground is taken care of- in the manner they like best.

Overhead is higher in fractional than in corporate flight departments AND in corp flight you share resources like HR with the co.

In fractional the customer pays for HR, accounting functions etc.

h25b said:
First of all let us cease with the logic talk, especially since this scab threat defies all logic...

Second of all salary may play only up to 7% role on your operation, but in ours flor example our salaries are more in the range of 15-20% ...
Then why are you flying for Netjets?

The customer is paying for someone else to be sure everything else from hotel to ground is taken care of- in the manner they like best.
Are you sure about this?

Overhead is higher in fractional than in corporate flight departments
It is? How?

Live4flyng said:
Then why are you flying for Netjets?

Uh... I'm not.

Actually to clarify (just putting together April's results) , crew salary came in at 19.2 % (excluding benefits) of the total cost of last month's operations. The fact that your crews are vastly underpaid might not be the sole factor on why some department's close and go fractional, but it sure doesn't make it easier on us.

Last edited:
Ok, then why are you flying sell-off trips for Netjets if you despise them so much?

h25b said:
Uh... I'm not.

Actually to clarify (just putting together April's results) , crew salary came in at 19.2 % (excluding benefits) of the total cost of last month's operations. The fact that your crews are vastly underpaid might not be the sole factor on why some department's close and go fractional, but it sure doesn't make it easier on us.
If we were paid as much or even more than you are paid... it would not be a factor.

The main factor is the aquisition costs of a WHOLE new airplane and the fact that this cost and pilot salaries are divided by 4 for a quartershare and by 8 for an eighth share.

So even if an CE-500 pilot were paid 120K per yr... the 1/4 share owners share of that cost is only $30K. Since this pilot is only actually paid 60K the actual cost to the 1/4 share owner is only 15K. I don't think flight departments shutdown over 15K difference.

If a flight department shuts down it is not likely that pilot salaries (yours or mine) have anything to do with it.

Last edited:
For what its worth this particular NetJets pilot is disgusted with the unions position on who would be considered a SCAB.

For those not keeping track that would be... any pilot involved with flying a "NetJets transaction"

Not just charter pilots covering our trips, but all of NJI as well...

I can't think of a better way for us to lose all credibility than with this position.

(now I am curious if I will get an "educational PM" for this post)

Latest resources

Back