Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Starman said:
Yeah I can see that happening.

"Good afternoon Mr, & Mrs. Gotbucks. I'm sorry but our pilots are on strike. We'd like to take you from Monterey to Aspen today as you contracted us to do but we're unable to comply with that. We have been able to book you from Monterey to Chicago on a United red eye and then work a flight into Aspen the following day on Air Wisconsin. You leave tonight at 5 PM and get into Aspen tomorrow afternoon about 3 PM."

That'll go over well. Get real.

Do you really think there's enough 135 lift to support NetJets during a strike? I think you're the one that needs to get real...

h25b said:
Perhaps you could shed some light on exactly how you're going to enforce this scablisting idea... Come up to my aircraft and you'll get a tailstand in the teeth ...

Good night...

The Local 1108 leadership has been in contact with the IBT on this issue. If it comes to pass, rest assured that our AFL-CIO brothers at ALPA will recognize our list of pilots that flew struck work.

Sorry to post again, but this is really entertaining.

Here are your options:

1. NetJets uses 135 to cover owner trips. It costs them LOTS of money and they fold quickly.

2. Nobody flies your owners. It costs NetJets (your company) lots of money and they loose some (or many) clients.

In 1, you win and your clients don't get stranded. In 2, you may win, but the clients get screw'd and there may be layoffs and downsizing. (2 is also good for us 91 guys, now we can tell guys that are thinking about going fractional that this possibility of owning a fracitonal share and getting stranded is another reason to buy your own plane).
Now, you've already shown that you are willing to have the 135 pilots loose their jobs or reputations for your cause, and now you're also willing to sell the clients (who have done NOTHING to you) down the road too. Nice, really nice.

Any comment NJAowner

Ace

Starman said:
Good job G-200, you just made it very easy for all the bystanders to really get an idea of what is really going on. You want Netjets pilots to fail no matter what because in your mind they ruined the corporate industry as you saw it 6-8 years ago. Nevermind that higher wages for Netjets pilots would help everyone out.

Most bystanders already have a good idea what's going on after reading the ramblings and idle threats from yourself, NetJetWife, and others on this board. After reading through all this its readily apparent why unions have been declining in the US for over 30 years.

Starman said:
The Local 1108 leadership has been in contact with the IBT on this issue. If it comes to pass, rest assured that our AFL-CIO brothers at ALPA will recognize our list of pilots that flew struck work.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that this is a really empty threat due to the fact that you (along with anyone else) can't come up with an answer on how you're going to get the names of these so-called scabs... Even if it was possible to sit on a ramp and determine when "struck work" was taking place there's still no way to figure out who the crews were ... Care to shed some light on this one or should I just continue to assume you're full of it ???

Even IF you could identify a NetJets owner getting off some non-QS tail there's no way to get the names of the crew OR know whether the aircraft was chartered by NetJets or the individual owner...

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION STARMAN ...

Last edited:
Starman said:
Yeah I can see that happening.

"Good afternoon Mr, & Mrs. Gotbucks. I'm sorry but our pilots are on strike. We'd like to take you from Monterey to Aspen today as you contracted us to do but we're unable to comply with that. We have been able to book you from Monterey to Chicago on a United red eye and then work a flight into Aspen the following day on Air Wisconsin. You leave tonight at 5 PM and get into Aspen tomorrow afternoon about 3 PM."

That'll go over well. Get real.

So answer the question. When your owners are put on airline flights, and they WILL be put on airline flights, are you going to call those airline pilots scabs? How do you think ALPA will view your position? The reality is that there are a lot of shareholders who are going to need to travel, and since there isn't enough charter it's going to be planes trains and automobiles as your management tries to kiss butt to keep them happy during a strike. If you think that they are just going to stay in one place when you strike your living in a fantasy world.

How do you answer the question?

Starman said:

Now Im getting worried..

you mean one wont qualify for an AFL-CIO "brother" job flying a citation for 24K/yr?

or maybe one wont qualify to fly an ALPO "brother" job on a RJ for 18K/yr?

gee....how can I get me some of that protection "brother"?

Starman said:
You're assuming that we don't know what screening method Netjets uses to approve vendor aircraft? You're assuming that we don't have access to the list of vendors that provide supplemental lift for Netjets? You're assuming that the screening information for those companies including pilot names isn't available to us?

I'm telling you that we have that info. How are your assumptions now?

Thanks, just the information I was looking for. This will be great, class action law-suits against NetJets, IBT, Wyvern, ARGUS, etc...

I already knew the possible outlets for that information and I appreciate you posting that on public forum. :)

Viffer said:
So answer the question. When your owners are put on airline flights, and they WILL be put on airline flights, are you going to call those airline pilots scabs? How do you think ALPA will view your position? The reality is that there are a lot of shareholders who are going to need to travel, and since there isn't enough charter it's going to be planes trains and automobiles as your management tries to kiss butt to keep them happy during a strike. If you think that they are just going to stay in one place when you strike your living in a fantasy world.

How do you answer the question?

Netjets will go to any lengths to avoid a true public dog-fight in which owners are inconvenienced. The fact that supplemental lift won't cover the normal demand will force the company to deal with us. Discouraging 135 pilots from taking struck work is part of our plan to force that issue.

Latest resources

Back