• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote @ ASA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Married, thinking about kids, five years at another carrier and about 9 months here (ASA). My vote....of course yes. Unfortunately, I think that it will take the threat of shutting down ATL ops to force management to stop playing games. Personally, I don't think that Delta or Skywest will let it come to that.

What amazes me though, is all the guys that I fly with that are still bending over backwards to get a flight out on time or do someone else's job. Fly the contract/ SOPs, do your job (not everyone else's), and let the rest of the chips fall where they may. People are always wary of even hinting at anything that even sounds like promoting a work slow-down. The fact is, if you flew the SOPs and didn't do everyone else's job, a "slow-down" in the operation is the natural result. By its very nature, it is almost built in. So, fly safe, do your job as outlined in the SOPs, if it's broke, write it up, fly the contract, and let the rest fall into place. If your still on time, great. If not, oh well. Make a note of why you'r late in case any question arises and sit back enjoy your coffee while you wait for the fueler, release, bags to be loaded, etc, etc, etc.

Don't even get me started on the guys that want to single engine taxi on very short taxi outs because the "money they'll save the company".

MELIT said:
SKYWEST is kicking there self in the a$$ for buying you frickin babys.

So much the better. The Mormon cult in SLC had a chance to settle all of this and chose not to. They left idiots like Willie, and arrogant a$$es like Brian in charge, so the pain continues.A strike is not an insurgency, but all out nuclear war. If SKYW is tanked in the process, so much the better.

I'm not with ASA anymore, but I would LOVE to see the ASA group incinerate DAL, SKYW, and whoever else has contributed to their suffering the past several years.

Having said that, I'm not sure it's worth it to all of those with bills to pay---aww hell, a strike is years away anyway.

What the management pilots posting on this thread don't seem to get is the average line guy doesn't make 120k for sitting in an office 3 or 4 days a week.

We can replace our income selling cars or substitute teaching.

All their "state of the industry" "weak economy" messages of doom and gloom miss one basic point:

At the level of pay and work rules we have, WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TO LOSE!!

You push a group of pilots to the point where the job isn't worth doing and guess what? They wont do it anymore.

I'm one of the lucky ones, recently escaped from ASA to a far far better place, but if I were still on property FWIW:

Top 20% of the seniority list, 3 kids, house, 2 cars and a pet rabbit.

"HELL YES"

To all my friends fighting the good fight, be strong, good luck, give em hell.

CF34-3B1 said:
What the management pilots posting on this thread don't seem to get is the average line guy doesn't make 120k for sitting in an office 3 or 4 days a week.

We can replace our income selling cars or substitute teaching.

All their "state of the industry" "weak economy" messages of doom and gloom miss one basic point:

At the level of pay and work rules we have, WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TO LOSE!!

You push a group of pilots to the point where the job isn't worth doing and guess what? They wont do it anymore.

I'm one of the lucky ones, recently escaped from ASA to a far far better place, but if I were still on property FWIW:

Top 20% of the seniority list, 3 kids, house, 2 cars and a pet rabbit.

"HELL YES"

To all my friends fighting the good fight, be strong, good luck, give em hell.

Exactly!

Congrats on getting out, I'm still tryin to make ASA a better place and get out at the same time.

Grassstrippilot said:
Married, thinking about kids, five years at another carrier and about 9 months here (ASA). My vote....of course yes. Unfortunately, I think that it will take the threat of shutting down ATL ops to force management to stop playing games. Personally, I don't think that Delta or Skywest will let it come to that.

What amazes me though, is all the guys that I fly with that are still bending over backwards to get a flight out on time or do someone else's job. Fly the contract/ SOPs, do your job (not everyone else's), and let the rest of the chips fall where they may. People are always wary of even hinting at anything that even sounds like promoting a work slow-down. The fact is, if you flew the SOPs and didn't do everyone else's job, a "slow-down" in the operation is the natural result. By its very nature, it is almost built in. So, fly safe, do your job as outlined in the SOPs, if it's broke, write it up, fly the contract, and let the rest fall into place. If your still on time, great. If not, oh well. Make a note of why you'r late in case any question arises and sit back enjoy your coffee while you wait for the fueler, release, bags to be loaded, etc, etc, etc.

Don't even get me started on the guys that want to single engine taxi on very short taxi outs because the "money they'll save the company".

dude when you get off PROBATION and have some EXPERIENCE under your wet wings give us a call.....until then gear up and shut up. I hope I get you in my right seat.

uncle_rico said:
dude when you get off PROBATION and have some EXPERIENCE under your wet wings give us a call.....until then gear up and shut up. I hope I get you in my right seat.

Sigh. This is why I left the airlines entirely. Too many people with no balls and a complete proletariat mind set. As long as you have a solid percentage of "Uncle ricos" (which ASA does--as does every airline I suspect), you will always be easy prey for management.

You want to be a struggling working class bafoon forever, be my guest. Fellows like Uncle Rico will happily lead the way.

uncle_rico said:

Excuse me, reread the post. Been in this industry long enough to not only have an educated opinion, but to voice one as well. Maybe you saw only the short time I've been at ASA and missed the reference of the 5 years put in at ACA. That five years included 3 domicile openings and closings, a contract negotiation, starting DCI operations, ending DCI operations, Bain bidding process, and a hostile take-over attempt by Ornstien, just to name a few.

Learn to read before you go spouting off at the mouth.

On the bright side, there are a lot of us ex-ACA guys on property with experience that won't easily be won over by ploys like this "One team, one vision" BS. We, unlike first time airline pilots who are infected with SJS, see it for what it is and are tired of management's BS. AS a result, I think that we will be much more likely to support a yes vote than new comers to the industry, probation or not, because we understand how the game is played and what will eventually motivate management to negotiate in good faith.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back