• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote @ ASA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes for me too---COME 3 YEARS----how long does it take to go over 30 sections??????? Stop with the 9-11 sh*t and the economy,,,we are making alot of money...and here again americans the CEOs and the Presidents of companies taking their share...

America--pay attention to France--it to will happen here one day when the American public gets tired of people like ASA magnmt, and it does not pay to go to work anymore....

Someone give Bush a BJ so we can impeach him too!!!! we have to start with someone and it might as well start with him.....Give ONe just ONE positive he has done!!! NOTHING!!!

uncle_rico said:
dude when you get off PROBATION and have some EXPERIENCE under your wet wings give us a call.....until then gear up and shut up. I hope I get you in my right seat.

I'll bet you're just a JOY to fly with. It begs the question of what does scheduling do when you are on EVERY F/O's no fly list.

Spouse, kids, house, and debt...

Previously, I was on the line with this.
Now...... I vote HELL YES!!!
This JOB is quickly becoming NOT worth it!

NoPlaneNoGain said:
Spouse, kids, house, and debt...

Previously, I was on the line with this.
Now...... I vote HELL YES!!!
This JOB is quickly becoming NOT worth it!

Exactly. This job is NOT worth it any longer. I like to fly, and like the job as pilot, but this is rediculous! And, Im telling all ASA pilots that the fun is just beginning. SKYW is going to start the whipsaw game and I can see no growth and loss of pay and benefits coming our way! That said, this is no longer worth it. If ASA is the one airline that stands up and says enough is enough and it ultimately means our demise, then so be it. The airlines are pi$$ poorly run from top to bottom at all levels. Why do we continually pay the price for this ineptitude? Maybe ASA will cut our own throats, but OK. Like previosly said over and over, most of us can easily replace this income and improve our personal QOL! We are fighting to improve these things at a job we all love, but the time has come to stand up and say without these improvements we would all be better off doing something else.....

6 years in 121 airlines.....
1 mortgage on single income
1 HELL YES VOTE TO STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good book to read to see just what type of compensation your CEO's make on the backs of their employees and the american tax payer is called Perfectly Legal by David Cay Johnston. It puts the labor and mgt. earnings into perspective and maybe give you more incentive to fight for what you deserve!

As it comes to strike authorization, I vote Yes. If what the MEC says is true and the company hasn't even done the cost analysis of a new contract after all this time something is really wrong and needs to be addressed. Hopefully after the authorization is approved the guys in Utah will finish cleaning up the GO and give us a fair contract. QOL improvements and maybe profit sharing would be sufficient for me.

As far as flying strictly by the SPs to drive the point home, yes to a point. The passengers should not have to pay the price for our in-house dog fight. We are, or should be, all professionals here and must perform as professionals. Don't write up every screw that is loose or piss stain on the toilet seat.

If the boys at DL strike, we all will be passing out carts at wal-mart anyway..

Fly Safe...:cool:

One of my biggest questions is, where is the companies response to all of this? The answer is, nothing! Other than "One Team, One Vision". If they had any intention of good faith or professionalism they would be answering with something other than the inadequate ones as yet.

Just waiting for managment to get the fact that the pilots see only an inept managment "Team" and "Vision".

Us Vs. Them

Management is not going to respond unless the bottom line is their necks on the line. As long as the company makes money and Big "D" is satisfied (Good Lord DAL is bending their own labor over right now) then MGT will do Nothing, Nada, Zip.

I used to complain to my better half about MGT continually violating the contract. How can they get away with it? She (Exec in Large Development Corp) said "We do it all the time" example: Real Estate development clear cut a massive amount of acreage (sp) to build a large upscale neighborhood. They recieved a fine from the county for destroying woodlands. Fine was $40,000... nothing, they made 20 Million in sales in less than a year.

It boils down to the "Almighty $ Dollar". If the Prez of the company or any VP is going to loose their jobs, you bet they will be negotiating.

Latest resources

Back