• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike on HOLD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I'm not mistaken, isn't Mesaba management already starting to lose it's 2 million dollars a day because of the cancelled flights? Whether the pilots are carrying the signs or waiting to, one thing is for sure, Mesaba Airlines is not operating right now. So although the deadline has passed, the management team is still paying a price. Just a thought.

"If I'm not mistaken, isn't Mesaba management already starting to lose it's 2 million dollars a day because of the cancelled flights? Whether the pilots are carrying the signs or waiting to, one thing is for sure, Mesaba Airlines is not operating right now. So although the deadline has passed, the management team is still paying a price. Just a thought."

We are NOT on strike at this moment. the only flights cancelled were the overnights from last night. Airplanes are up and running at this hour. Everyone is still holding their breath.... and impatiently running out of oxygen. We should know something in the next hours. Then again we said that about 11 hours ago....

Last edited:
Oops, sorry about that. I was wrong. Well, either way, I'll bet that Spanjers character looks like hell right now anyway!

I just got a call from crew scheduling, apparently all flights today are cancelled and those of us that were supposed to be at work are time available during our scheduled duty periods.

This is what I was told minutes ago however, if you are supposed to work today better hear this from CSO yourself.

So strike or no strike we are having an impact on the company. In fact, this is an even greater financial impact since they cannot furlough FAs and MX at this point.

Hold the line, check the VARS and remember: the goal is fair contract that we can be proud of.

CWASaab

Yes and no, T-Handle, heard a lot of Mesaba planes with "maintenance" call signs in CVG and MSP last night but some flights are supposed to still be operating according to Mesaba ALPA VARS.

I would be very wary of management's latest offer. After all, how many years have you been negotiating only to have this offer to be purposely presented at the witching hour? Perhaps this was their plan to deflect your fine efforts.

Best wishes.

T-handle said:
We are NOT on strike at this moment. the only flights cancelled were the overnights from last night. Airplanes are up and running at this hour. Everyone is still holding their breath.... and impatiently running out of oxygen. We should know something in the next hours. Then again we said that about 11 hours ago....

No flights for Mesaba today. So, yes, Mesaba is losing money today...and tomorrow (I doubt the will reposition and cancel the first outbounds for tomorrow morning).

CWASaab said:
So strike or no strike we are having an impact on the company. In fact, this is an even greater financial impact since they cannot furlough FAs and MX at this point.

good point...same thing with the ground ops staff.

After being pissed for several hours after the deadline I calmed down and slept on it. I have concluded, perhaps this is a tactic to keep management guessing. If it is, intentionally or not, it's working I suppose. It's like a President declaring war and but not rolling when everyone expects it. Or we're already at conflict without an official declaration of war and not a single shot fired yet. The other side is nervously watching from their foxholes and are confused why there are no troops are running over the hills.

This TA better be the one or I'll be the first one over the hill waving my sword and not looking back. People will be talking about this one for a while: negotiating nearly 12 hours past the deadline.

Ok this sounds corny but I got sh!t for sleep last night. Did any other Mesaba pilot else sleep a wink last night?

Last edited:
Just a thought here...928 days have passed since the Mesaba contract was amendable. A final deadline to settle the issues was set, down to the minute...How is it that the management can wait 927 days, and 23 hours before making any kind of settlement offer, yet the pilot group is still not on strike?! I am all for the Mesaba pilot group emotionally, and financially also, however when you create a deadline, why not stick to it?

Latest resources

Back