• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike on HOLD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man I hear what your sayin! It just sucks that some a$$ would get on here and twist the knife when you guys might be out of a job! You just gotta believe in Karma I guess. Good luck

I knew it, they're pussies, they'll cave in the end. They talk the talk but won't walk the walk. If you're going to strike, strike. Don't give in and make bull$hit "good faith gestures." If mamagement doesn't give you exactly what you demand at your deadline, STRIKE!!

Last edited:
I cant find any details as to how long this delay is suppose to last or what exactly we're seeing as far as negotiations. I hope you guys get a good contract.

Still holding the line in MEM at 6:00am in MEM. Mesaba 2425 can go to he!!

Did anyone have a REALLY annoying cousin or family friend that you had to deal with from time to time? You couldn't beat the he!! out of him because it wasn't worth being in trouble, nor could you lock him in a closet because he'd tattle on you there to. What did you do? You ignored him until he found something to do by himself and everyone lived in peace until the visit was over.

If you want Mr. 2425 to go away, stop replying to his posts. Again, stop replying to his posts. Pretend he does not exist no matter how hard it is. He is fishing with stink-bait and people are continuously taking it with the same result. Eventually, if left alone long enough, this will get boring and he will go away. DO NOT REPLY TO HIS POSTS. It's that simple.

I hope that Mesaba has a deal by the end of the day, less we do the midnight thing all over again. Stand strong fellas!!!!!!!

I am sure this is very frustrating for the Mesaba guys and gals. It is almost more stressful to not be able to strike, as issues go on behind closed doors that you have no control over.

As a pilot who stood with our FA's outside the corporate headquarters picketing until the 11th hour, it was amazing what we saw. The CEO was in the negotiations with the FA's MEC and Negotiations Committee. He sent one of his management types to see if there was "really" picketing going on. (he was in Washington, DC) Well, the FA's were all in very distinct colors and this idiot comes down with a white shirt and a red tie!! Stuck out like a sore thumb!!

Well, the most hysterical part of this was when the FA's saw him. Now, some of them were pretty rabid, and as they were doing a candlelight vigil, they had lit candles!! One should not approach a group of people with fire! :D

A few of the FA's starting chasing this guy down the street. About one hour after this, it was amazing how fast management saw that they were serious and the same thing happened that did with the Mesaba strike. They did a last minute avert of the strike and then came out with a deal.

Not that I am saying that anyone should chase anyone with fire down a street - but when management found out how serious they were with the almost 700 people who were picketing that were ready to strike, they came up with a contract. Not sure if it was the best one they could have gotten if they had done a strike, but one will never know. At that point, they could not do anything because they were not released into self-help.

I wish all the pilots at Mesaba strength and I am very proud of the resolve that the pilot group has.

Capt Tex,

You have no idea what you are talking about. I doubt you were ever someone who "walked the walk" but are really good at yacking.

Whatever happens, TA or Strike this pilot group will do what is necessary. We will be the ones to either ratify or vote it down or we'll be carrying signs.

Be a crying shame if all Mesaba's airplanes started having MX difficulties at the outstation.

Let the CHAOS begin!

posted by Capt. Tex
I knew it, they're pussies, they'll cave in the end.

And who is this you were referring about? I hope not we, the pilot group, who have stood unified and approached this 928 day ordeal with the utmost professionalism. I am curious to know so that either its a misunderstanding on my part, or you get lumped into the mesaba2425 group.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back