Street CA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh God... here we go again.

WAS... Big, all-caps, as in ancient history. We took delivery of our last aircraft last month. Odds are we ain't gettin' no more 'til contract talks are done. We are coming up on 6 months without a contract and anticipate another 2 years or so before we're even close.

Do a search here under "Northwest Whipsaw", include the words Pinnacle or Mesaba and you'll get to hear all you want about how the carrot and the stick rules airline negotiations these days.

My strike fund is almost $10,000 now. Hope everyone else is saving up!

Since I've been here they hired all new hires as FO's and then opened up the bids for capatains, some got it as new hires, some didn't.

arthompson said:
Since I've been here they hired all new hires as FO's and then opened up the bids for capatains, some got it as new hires, some didn't.
You must be a FNG, 'cause we were hiring street captains as recently as this time last year... about 50 or so of them, and about 50 more back just before 9/11.

They did it from time to time when they didn't have warm bodies that met the minimums. Now they do, plus not very many seats to upgrade into = no more street captains for a LONG while... like half a decade, unless something VERY strange happens and they start sending us handfulls of new planes again.

I never said that we never hired them or that we didn't have them. Long before I came to work at 9E I met several Street Captains, what I said was that after I came to work here it became an all FO newhire class and then the new hires were allowed to bid for CA slots. I had a couple of roommates that got there upgrades while in ground school.

You need to clarify your posts; someone with no history of Pinnacle is looking for information and since your seniority date isn't posted, they might assume any number of possibilities on your company longevity (new hire all the way to senior Captain).

However, I don't believe you're a pilot here; if memory serves, you're a crew scheduler who's been here 7 or 8 months.

First of all I never claimed to be a pilot here. Only an idiot would think I was considering that says on each post that my aircraft experiance is a C172 and I currently hold no ratings. With that said, not being a pilot doesn't mean that I don't know what goes on in this company and how things are being done. I posted what I posted from first hand knowledge, I have had several people in my crashpad that were Street CA's, they were all hired as FO's and got the upgrade in New Hire.

Yes I am a scheduler. Again that doesn't mean that I know less or more than you do. One should never makes assumptions about what someone knows based off there position and seniority.

arthompson said:
First of all I never claimed to be a pilot here. Only an idiot would think I was considering that says on each post that my aircraft experiance is a C172 and I currently hold no ratings.
Au contraire mon frer. Half the people here on Flightinfo don't post anything on their profile or post just the aircraft they fly on their spare time. You can't rely on what may or may not be on someone's profile to determine their "level of experiEnce, that would be... how you say... IDIOTIC. :cool:

With that said, not being a pilot doesn't mean that I don't know what goes on in this company and how things are being done. I posted what I posted from first hand knowledge, I have had several people in my crashpad that were Street CA's, they were all hired as FO's and got the upgrade in New Hire.
NO ONE down on Nonconnah knows what's going on with this company, otherwise we wouldn't have the SNAFU's on the line that we have every single month. How many unconvered trips over interface? Yeah, that's what I thought. You know your piece of the pie, I know mine, and although the people in your crashpad had the "F/O to Capt in class" experience, just prior to you coming here they were hiring Captains off the street.

Yes I am a scheduler. Again that doesn't mean that I know less or more than you do. One should never makes assumptions about what someone knows based off there position and seniority.
Most certainly it means you know less than I do about the makeup of PAST PRACTICE; it's not an affront to you or an attack, but purely a function of how long I've been here, just as I know less than the top 10% of the seniority list that's been here a decade or more. You not CLARIFYING your first statement of "Since I've been here..." followed by a definite statement, belies the truth that you've been here less than a year. People read a LOT into these message boards that's not actually there, especially when they're new to Flightinfo and your "tone" implies some level of authority, and not a "I've only been here 8 months, but since then..." Make sense?

As far as making assumptions about what someone knows based off THEIR position and seniority, ummm... that's why people come to Flightinfo with questions in the FIRST place. Many posters may put information on here, it's up to the individual reading the post to place how much value that information has based on what the poster's background is.

Welcome to Flightinfo.

Latest resources

Back