• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strangest thing ever seen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The strangest thing I’ve ever seen? How about a bunch of pilots nit pickin’ the $hit out of each other over grammatical errors on a Friday night!

Foobar, that was one on the funniest posts I’ve seen in a long time…I just about pissed my pants.

Timebuilder:

How long does a word have to be used before it is considered proper usage?

The first use of the word "mad" to mean "angry" was in the 15th century. Your english monitoring counterpart in the 1780s also deplored its use calling it an americanism. (Is that really a word?)

The reason you probably don't view it as a proper definition is because in the UK, the usage of "mad" to mean "angry" has long since been dropped.

In American dictionaries, the first definition of "mad" is usually "angry". First definitions are not generally given to recent or casual usage.

Why am I commenting on this? Because I'm a bored, annoying nitpicker.

EO-

Since the English were speaking english long before we were a country, generally they get the nod on "best" usage.

Take a walk through the dictionary and you'll see a great deal of first definitions that you would never use in professional or formal use, which are the usual tests of "correct" speech.

I decided to join in and try to pick at the paragraph ONLY because I sensed it was constructed to show poor writing, and yes, it is funny until you think about the low standard of speech and writing that is now common.

LearLove said:
2 250 pound plus rampies in Philly (old ramp) haveing sex in an enclosed bag cart.

Man, I'm glad I never had to see that. That vision would ALMOST be enough for me to use the disgusting PHL trailier crappers to vomit in.

I wouldn't touch anything in there if I did, though.

My vote goes to LearLove

LearLove (who should change his name to BaggageCartLove) gets my vote for the strangest thing ever seen.

Still racking my brains and the best I can come up with was at LAX several years ago.

I was hanging out waiting for a jumpseat when I see Jesse Jackson walking down the terminal surrounded by his entourage. He's quite tall you know?

I suppose it's not really strange but it was one of those moments when you go, Hmm, there's something you don't see everyday...

Spending Thanksgiving in Prescott(in-laws), and had to spend an extra day because of a snow storm. Got up early the next morning and headed to the airport to clean the snow/ice off the aircraft. We were parked at the departure end of 21L and were just walking up to the plane. I see this aircraft gear up, full power, and descending to the end of the runway. Talk about a deadening sound when he hit the snow covered ground. Basically a gear up landing with full power but didn't slide, dead stop. Everybody walked away(four adults I think).
Talked to the line guy before I left who said the guy didn't want to clean the snow and ice from the tail before take off. I had about 3" of the stuff on mine that I had to clean, so I would think that he had about the same. It was a single engine, low wing, high perf., t-tail. Anybody??

P.S. I do not guarantee any spelling or punctuation.:D

We've got a Captain that, soon after takeoff, stands up in the cockpit and takes off his pants. He's wearing running shorts or something similar underneath, but it sure takes you by suprise the first time he does it. He claims he does it to get more "comfortable"... I think a Catholic Priest used that line on me once come to think of it...

:)

That reminds me of this retired heavy iron guy I used to right seat with in a conquest and king air. He used to have to take time to shift his gut from resting on the right leg to the left leg. He'd pick it up and move it with both hands.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back