• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strangest thing ever seen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
timebuilder: wrongly is a word, but "misuse these words wrongly" is redundant, "mad" doesn't necessarily imply mental instability if you actually look at the definition, and you spelled "sentence" incorrectly

One month ago we were taxiing to the runup area when we called ground for our clearance to taxi to the run-up area when we get this reply:

Ground: XXXKN , taxi to 27R, hold short of charlie for jetway crossing left to right.

Now to our surprise, as we taxi from parking to the taxiway, we see this thing that looks like the size of a house being towed to who knows where.. very odd indeed.

Ryan

Bunny

Yes, wrongly is a word, but it was misused, or used incorrectly. :) You can use "wrongly", but it isn't good writing, which makes it wrong in my book. You are correct that "misuse these words wrongly" is redundant, and it is also a double negative. I missed that as I looked that the word "use" in the original post. I might have caught it if I had taken the time to reconstruct the paragraph entirely instead of attempting to quickly ferret out the mistakes a la carte. Well done.

The current use of the word "mad" is indeed incorrect according to a good education. Unfortunately, dictionary publishers have elected to add incorrect uses to their lexicons because of popular useage, which is not the same as correct usage. If I say "I am mad", can you accurately determine if I am saying that I am crazy or angry?

Yes, and I made an effort to correct that "a" with an "e" in "sentence", but I did not check back in my haste to finish the post to see that my correction had been effective. Sometimes I just don't hit the keys with sufficient force. My bad.

I'm certain this entire post was constructed because a bunch of bored aviators needed to nit pick about english this evening, and one of us obliged that need.

More sobering is the number of young people who would find NO errors at all in this paragraph. :(

OK - I'm at the abandoned air base in roswell, new mexico - (known for UFO's and developing the atom bomb).

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed if there's not a bright shiny, silver UFO overhead the field at 14,000 feet.

NASA was testing some kind of a new cargo blimp at nearby white sands missle range.

NJA Capt said:
There is a major conspiracy out there. It seems that a lot of people think that the wooden or rubber things we use to keep airplanes from rolling away are called Chalks.
:D These are the same people who fly airplanes with "yaw dampeners."

Re: This is too funny!

mar said:
First, I'm a little frustrated 'cause I can't think of any good stories.

Second, I think Foobar's last post was hilarious *but* even funnier than that was the response by Marine Grunt!!

He only found three errors!;)

Will someone else please find the remaining errors before I split my gut?!?!:D
Yeah, yeah... I noticed the other errors, but I just picked out a few that stood out...

Haha. Let's pick on the stoopid grunt.... :p

Sorry but I have to say this.

There is a major conspiracy out there. It seems that a lot of people think that the wooden or rubber things we use to keep airplanes from rolling away are called Chalks.

Chalk is what the Police outline bodies with, and kids draw on the street with.

Chocks are what keep airplanes and fire trucks from rolling away.

This has been a public service announcement from the bored pilots association.

A lot of people passed up on this, as did I, but I must say...funny, and a well worded response.

Last edited:
I hate to double post, but I was thinking of a story as I was reading the responses to this thread.

While out on a 135 charter in eastern ohio or wv, I had to wait at the FBO all day as usuall. The FBO owner had been up with a student in a 150/152 and I had to wait for him to come down to give me the keys to the courtesy car. He gets out of the running aircraft, makes some chat with the pilot and walks into the FBO.

The FBO owner had just signed the guy off for solo. So I am standing at the FBO counter chatting and getting directions to go into town. When all the sudden, I see behind the FBO owner a plane porposing down the runway at least three times, then depositing itself right into a snow bank along side the runway. Right in front of the FBO...not more than 100 feet away from us. Just like this...bounce...bounce...bounce...plop. It just came to a complete stop...plane and prop. Right freaking there in front of the FBO window that faced the runway. The FBO owner sees the look in my face as I'm looking past him now, realizes what happened, jumps two feet off the floor in a half spin and runs outside to unbury his airplane and unharmed student out of the snow bank.

I'm trying to stay on topic, really

But I still can't think of any good stories.

Hey "marine grunt". I didn't mean to have fun at your expense. I apologize, but it was just too funny with your name, and the poster girl...I just couldn't resist. If your response was more like Timebuilder's it wouldn't nearly have been as much fun.

Fly safe.

Ha Ha sorry about the "Chalks" I posted earlier. It was one of those early morning posts and I still had sleep in my eyes:D

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back