• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strangest thing ever seen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About ten months after 9/11/01 (long enough so they should have known better) I saw a TSA 'professional' hand wanding a National Guardsman at the security checkpoint.

So what's weird about that?

He was holding his M-16 by the handle in his outstretched hand. As weird as the whole situation was, he probably didn't have any ammunition for the thing.

I was in trail of a couple of F-111's one night and one of those smart asses dumped fuel and lit the burner. It left a streak of flame across the sky, just above my canopy.

They thought it was pretty funny until I met them in the O club later that evening.

Ah, memories.....................

jdru25 said:
If they would have tied it down or chalked it this would not have happened.

Sorry but I have to say this. :D

There is a major conspiracy out there. It seems that a lot of people think that the wooden or rubber things we use to keep airplanes from rolling away are called Chalks.

Chalk is what the Police outline bodies with, and kids draw on the street with.

Chocks are what keep airplanes and fire trucks from rolling away.

This has been a public service announcement from the bored pilots association. ;) ;)

Really, what kind of an affect does it have on you when people mis use these words wrongly? I hope you don't get to mad when improper grammer is used by people. Sometimes there education just wasnt good enough.

Foobar said:
Really, what kind of an affect does it have on you when people mis use these words wrongly? I hope you don't get to mad when improper grammer is used by people. Sometimes there education just wasnt good enough.
You mean misuse, grammar, and THEIR (not there) education? :p

Once at the local airport; during the influx of planes on their way to Oshkosh; I met a guy who was flying with his buddy in a Cessna 177. Seems that they were on their way to Oshkosh and needed to stop for fuel and a bathroom. They apparently could not wait for the bathroom, either of them, and they decided to fill up a BIGGIE cup they had in the plane. The cup apparently still had the lid on top.

After the male bonding that they had shared, one of them decided that it would be a good idea to dispose of the cup and it's newly filled contents while still in flight. well.... as you can imagine, they pop the window, the wind catches the cup, blows the lid off and proceeds to blow all of the pi$$ all over the interior, their bags and the pilot.

Needless to say, in my opinion, someone needed a shower and a change of clothing before the flight continued but they just fueled the plane and got back in and took off. GROSS!!!!:eek:

Believe it or not!

One day while doing a runnup in a cherokee 6, I noticed a wasp sitting on my wing(no big deal right). So I take off and as I'm flying I look over and that little bugger was still holding on. I was not seeing things and I wasn't smoking fruit loops either, my wife was there to witness it. It held on untill I landed and exited the runway then it flew off. Unbelievable!!:)

This is too funny!

First, I'm a little frustrated 'cause I can't think of any good stories.

Second, I think Foobar's last post was hilarious *but* even funnier than that was the response by Marine Grunt!!

He only found three errors!;)

Will someone else please find the remaining errors before I split my gut?!?!:D

You mean misuse, grammar, and THEIR (not there) education?

Will someone else please find the remaining errors before I split my gut?!?!

TOO many to list

Okay. Avoiding complete sentences and proper punctuation, here you go:

affect should be effect

mis use is one word: misuse

wrongly should be "incorrectly"

to should be too

mad should be angry. "Mad" indicates mental instablity.

grammer should be grammar

"by people" is superfluous. "used" should end the sentence.

wasnt needs an apostrophe

Rewite the final sentance using "their".

The funniest thing someone saw on a ramp might have been me, chasing a Lear 35 that the ground crew had improperly chocked by the nose wheel on a slight incline. The captain had already stepped off a minute before, and my weight inside the cockpit had been holding down the nose. As I stepped off, the nose wheel jumped the chock and started to roll.

I hadn't moved that quickly in a couple of years... :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back