• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strangest thing ever seen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a few hours ago I saw Bill Cornick plow his S-2C into the ground when he was doing rolls just a few feet off and cut it too close.

A minute later he got out of the plane and walked away.

Really, what kind of an affect does ...

Well, your post did have an effect. What kind of an effect did it have? I caused me to begin to write a response post about your paragraph. Of course, if I mull this over for several minutes, it may affect my state of mind.

While driving to work one evening......
I exited the freeway, was heading down the off-ramp toward an intersection. At the intersection, some dude was next to his car doing push-ups. It seemed strange to me anyway.

He was probably one of those gung ho Marine Grunts...

...and was on the way to work, when he ran out of gas because his Navy buddys borrowed his car the night before to chase poontang. He called his Gunny on the cell phone to let him know he was going to be late for work and the Gunny said, "What is your MAJOR MALFUNCTION numbnuts? Get down and give me push ups forever...or at least till AAA gets there!"

I was in Prescott, sitting in the airplane being a good little doobie, and doing my take-off performance calculations (just after I got my private). I noticed a tail-dragger taxiing up but, didn't pay too much attention to it and went back to the books. I then heard a thud, and felt a jolt. I looked up and noticed that the tail-dragger had just hit the prop. I looked towards his plane with a dumbfounded look. Right at this time, the guy looks back, notices that I am sitting in the plane, and guns his engine. He gets to the end of the runway and, without missing a beat, he takes off. The prop was fine but, what a moron!

P.S. Just to keep in the spirit of things. My favorite is when someone has an "itch they need to scratch". But they say "I have to itch my back" or, wherever they have the itch.

tuna said:
He gets to the end of the runway and, without missing a beat, he takes off.
Did you get his N-number?
My favorite is when someone has an "itch they need to scratch". But they say "I have to itch my back" or...
My wife does that too, sometimes. She also misuses "lie/lay."

"I was laying on the couch..."

"Really? What were you laying? Sod? Eggs?" :D

(Sadly, I've heard Tom Brocaw mess that one up, too.)

First of all, no, I didn't get the guys N number. (Too young and dumb to figure it out at the time.)

"Really? What were you laying? Sod? Eggs?"

I made the mistake of visualizing this phenomenon and, all that I can see, is a woman squatting over a couch, pumping out eggs.

I can't stop laughing

"I was laying on the couch..."

"Really? What were you laying? Sod? Eggs?"

Judging by your avatar, she may have been laying pipe. :p

I was in West Texas once when I stopped about sunset at the Marfa Lights Viewing area, located on the highway between Marfa and Alpine (next to an old WWII aux field, so this is on topic).

Besides me, there was an interesting collections of tourists and various serious nutcases waiting for the appearance of the mysterious light show that happens there sometime.

I looked off to the west, and saw the strangest thing I'd ever seen in the sky. A huge black silhouette, rotating high in the sky. I knew I recognized it............my God..... It looks like a giant flying.....Oscar Myer Weiner Mobile!!!!!!!!

After shaking my head a few times I recalled that there is a tethered aerostat located near Marfa, but it was a weird feeling there for a moment.

Latter we did see the lights, I don't know what they are.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back