• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Straight from Silvestro's mouth he wants to cut Flex pilots pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
el, I don't like the hand I have been dealt either. Little did I realize that someone was dealing from the bottom of the deck. Dealing from the bottom of the deck has got to stop but once a cheater, always a cheater. Unfortunately, his word is no good and has ended up in court again.

I hear ya, Imissy. I've accepted the hand that I've been dealt and have decided to move on. While I'm thankful for the paycheck, I'm miserable in my job.

I'm removing myself from this debate because I'm tired of being angry with both sides. I don't believe this job is worth the many battles we have to fight to win the war. Here are the few reasons why:
1. Kenn Ricci.
2. Kenn Ricci.
3..Kenn Ricci's business philosophy of Cheap labor, low overhead cost. This will never change.
4. Lack of competitive pricing for the product as well as customer friendly detail.
5. The constant battle between pilots. (Not options vs. flex) but the foks vs. the non-foks. This will go on indefinitely.
6. The teamsters.
7. Overworked with an unfavorable schedule.
8. I don't believe we are growing at a trickle.
9. I believe Flex pilots will get screwed in the fence negotiations.

What really lead me to this conclusion that this job will always be mediocre at best is the Option pilots. They are the most unhappy, pilot group I have seen. This has been the case for years, and they have representation. Now, I'm miserable here too. That starts from the top...Ricci.

Unless Ricci changes his business phylosophy towards pilots, nothing will change. Even when we have a contract. My life is too short to eat a ******************** sandwich every time I go to work. I will not accept this standard of working conditions for the next 20+ years. Ricci mentioned during a meeting that the new Flexjet might not be right place for some of us, and if it wasn't he invited us to leave. He's right. I'm looking for employment elsewhere. There's enough PDs in aviation to do his dirty work, he doesn't need me.

You guys take care and good luck.

Wow! I am so sad things have gotten this bad for you guys.

I guess the thing you have to decide is whether or not you're a gladiator willing to fight for the higher purpose or whether or not you're just looking for peace and move on. I wish both of those groups well.

As for the FoKs, they were without a doubt the #1 reason in the crystal ball to go for us. As long as there are enough people in this world who will lay aside decency for money, guys like Ken Ricci will always win if the gladiators don't fight.

In essence what we saw is not enough gladiators at Flexjet. Too hard to risk the cush life you have become accustomed to over the years. I get it. To most of you, even though your career is essentially Flexjet very few of you ever demanded to be treated like career professionals and demand more than stepping stone mentality your new owners see you with. You let them get away with it and now you're paying the price. Just not enough gladiators.

Now that we're gone, we are living on half of what we had at Flexjet but life is easier and eventually it will get back to 6 figures. Not bad. In retrospect though, I kinda wish we opted to just make the new Flexjet a better Flexjet (aka be a gladiator). It's not as easy to switch as you want to think. Sometimes it really is easier to fight for what you've got and get rid of the boss than half the workers, ya know?

I'd think twice before you go. I get that you hate your job (I know my husband did and this was way before it sounds like it is now) but really the grass isn't always greener when it turns out you just need to till your own soil a bit and fight.

That's all I can say. Think twice and whatever you decide, go full steam.

I'm reviving this to get the word out on our JCBA section on the VUH. Everyone of our proposals are there for Onesky pilots to read. Management will never show you their contract proposals. They will never match the transparency and opened of our union.

Everyone needs to Fly the Pledge

Don't fly hungry, sick, broke, or tired.
And as long as there's Furloughs NO OVERTIME. They don't won't need it anyway their obviously OVERSTAFFED.

And as long as there's Furloughs NO OVERTIME. They don't won't need it anyway their obviously OVERSTAFFED.

^^^^yep^^^^

Free Advice

Wow! I am so sad things have gotten this bad for you guys.

I guess the thing you have to decide is whether or not you're a gladiator willing to fight for the higher purpose or whether or not you're just looking for peace and move on. I wish both of those groups well.

As for the FoKs, they were without a doubt the #1 reason in the crystal ball to go for us. As long as there are enough people in this world who will lay aside decency for money, guys like Ken Ricci will always win if the gladiators don't fight.

In essence what we saw is not enough gladiators at Flexjet. Too hard to risk the cush life you have become accustomed to over the years. I get it. To most of you, even though your career is essentially Flexjet very few of you ever demanded to be treated like career professionals and demand more than stepping stone mentality your new owners see you with. You let them get away with it and now you're paying the price. Just not enough gladiators.

Now that we're gone, we are living on half of what we had at Flexjet but life is easier and eventually it will get back to 6 figures. Not bad. In retrospect though, I kinda wish we opted to just make the new Flexjet a better Flexjet (aka be a gladiator). It's not as easy to switch as you want to think. Sometimes it really is easier to fight for what you've got and get rid of the boss than half the workers, ya know?

I'd think twice before you go. I get that you hate your job (I know my husband did and this was way before it sounds like it is now) but really the grass isn't always greener when it turns out you just need to till your own soil a bit and fight.

That's all I can say. Think twice and whatever you decide, go full steam.

FJW,

Gladiators were Ancient Roman men who fought other men or animals to the death. No one will be risking their life for this battle nor will they be honored for fighting it. Flying is a job, and we are free to sell our skill and experience to the highest bidder. There has never been a better environment for pilots to leverage those attributes into a great profession. I personally know several flight Flight Options pilots who have been abjectly miserable for well over a decade. The road ahead is still long, it will be contentious, and filed with more misery. So why stay? Life is short and careers are shorter. We have precious little time to position ourselves for retirement and to enjoy a fulfilling career. I can't imagine working a decade for subpar wages while enduring discord and acrimony day upon day and year upon year. What an awful way to live especially considering how many better options are available today.

If you really want to change flight options, quit! When the revolving door starts rotating fast enough, change will occur. I guarantee it. You won't be around to benefit, but you won't have wasted one more day hating your job either. Every dollar you forgo today will require two or three tomorrow to make up for it. "Desecration is the better part of valor," and it's an incontrovertible truth all aviators must embrace.

When I got hired, KR himself told us he had the highest paid pilots and intended to keep us there. I know things change but I plan to hold him to his word. In the end, if the negotiators can get us close, I will be happy.Now KR is using his "whisper campaign" to spread the rumor he doesn't want the JCBA to go to a vote. Why? I will predict KR is going to go back on his word. By not showing their support, the top 50 or so on the Flex seniority list are trying to undermine the negotiating power of the rest of us. They are being played by KR and don't see it yet. Eventually, their lack of support will result in the loss of Flexbid.

I hate it, but Shane's right, it's time to bring the pain.
No OT, fly the pledge, none of those 1001 little helpful favors that they rely on us to do every day to keep things running smoothly. Screw 'em, if they want to keep playing dirty why should we go above & beyond our job description to help 'em out?

When I got hired, KR himself told us he had the highest paid pilots and intended to keep us there. I know things change but I plan to hold him to his word.

He lied to you. He's been known to do that from time to time.

Latest resources

Back