• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you weren't making assumptions, you wouldn't have felt the need to make your post. Not that you're taken seriously on the boards anyway.
mmmk there big guy...

I'm sick of doing all these trips for you guys!! And no, I can't refuse the trips, as much as I wish I could.

I almost forgot. 98 guys at Nja are in need of a code red.

Could these 98 include those who couldn't get home in time at the end of their week and got home the next day? In some of those cases, it's beyond the control of the pilot and / or company.

Could these 98 include those who couldn't get home in time at the end of their week and got home the next day? In some of those cases, it's beyond the control of the pilot and / or company.

Any of the former NJI crews who remained on their origional pay schedule DO NOT get after midnights. When they get home a day late, it is coded as an extended day. Last I looked about half of the very small number of extended days (in the scheme of things) were large cabin pilots.

Any of the former NJI crews who remained on their origional pay schedule DO NOT get after midnights. When they get home a day late, it is coded as an extended day. Last I looked about half of the very small number of extended days (in the scheme of things) were large cabin pilots.

Exactamundo.

Also, those of us still on NJI pay, when airlining home from an international departure point, if the duty day exceeds 18 hours, we get paid a day of overtime since we don't get hourly overtime (or holiday pay, but I digress). That day of overtime is also coded as an extended day.

Bottom line, there are fewer true "extended days" in the GLC than you think. In my case, that number would be zero.

And before you go thinking that's a wonderful deal, let me tell you that when you airline TO a jet, you don't get DIDLY no matter HOW LONG the duty day is. No hourly overtime, no extended day, zip, zero, nada. And you can't refuse it either. My record is 22 hours of duty to get to Helsinki.

As an added bonus, if the airline flight time is under 10 hours, you get to ride in COACH. Even if the layovers and plane changes push the duty day to 15, 18, 20 hours or whatever.

And you can't fatigue travel duty.

Latest resources

Back