Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Still think we're better off without ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StarChecker

Warp this...
Q3 2011 JetBlue Airways Corp Earnings Conference Call, 10/26/2011

Minute :55

Question from Daniel McKenzie, CFA, Managing Director and Senior Airlines Analyst for Rodman and Renshaw:

“Do we have any labor cost increases that we should be thinking about, I guess, since the pilots decided not to unionize, was there any kind of exchange in terms of compensation we should be thinking about heading into the first quarter or into next year?”

Answer from Mark Powers, Chief Financial Officer for JetBlue Airways:

“None whatsoever”

This is verbatim....I listened to it. My health insurance just went up 13% next year with NO INPUT FROM MY COMMITTEE.

HUGE thanks to 1193 dopes...my family LOVES our new premiums for next year. And how about that retirement work-around. According to Mark Powers....there's "NONE WHATSOEVER".

You guys were right...we're WAY better off without ALPA....:rolleyes:

Question from Daniel McKenzie, CFA, Managing Director and Senior Airlines Analyst for Rodman and Renshaw:

“Do we have any labor cost increases that we should be thinking about, I guess, since the pilots decided not to unionize, was there any kind of exchange in terms of compensation we should be thinking about heading into the first quarter or into next year?”

“None whatsoever”

This is verbatim....I listened to it. My health insurance just went up 13% next year with NO INPUT FROM MY COMMITTEE.

HUGE thanks to 1193 dopes...my family LOVES our new premiums for next year. And how about that retirement work-around. According to Mark Powers....there's "NONE WHATSOEVER".

It just went up 33%, to $666 a month. Any regional pilot has far better plans, all negotiated by competent representation.

B6 pilots are too stupid to negotiate a thing.

Don't come to this regional which happens to fly airbuses. You'll never be a 320CA and you will pay $666 this year for medical benefits. Next year, the company goes to a "catastrophic care" medical plan. It's only getting worse and the pilots are too stupid to see it. Ever cooked a frog? You do it slowly so they don't notice, it's exactly how Frank Lorenzo's clone Dave Barger is cooking B6 pilots.

Don't come here unless you'd like an eternity in the right seat with really poor benefits and a mediocre retirement.

It just went up 33%, to $666 a month. Any regional pilot has far better plans, all negotiated by competent representation.

B6 pilots are too stupid to negotiate a thing.

Don't come to this regional which happens to fly airbuses. You'll never be a 320CA and you will pay $666 this year for medical benefits. Next year, the company goes to a "catastrophic care" medical plan. It's only getting worse and the pilots are too stupid to see it. Ever cooked a frog? You do it slowly so they don't notice, it's exactly how Frank Lorenzo's clone Dave Barger is cooking B6 pilots.

Don't come here unless you'd like an eternity in the right seat with really poor benefits and a mediocre retirement.

Stop reading that crap off of the bluepilots website. It went up to 154 from 141 on a semi-monthly basis. Don't read stuff or believe stuff from a one sided conversation. Guys are quoting the plan that pays 100%. Care 1 is what most people have and that is what I quoted. If you're going to rip get your $hit straight. It went up 26 bucks a month. The care plus plan which you quoted only went up about 10% as well. Unless your fanmily has recuring medical problems or special needs you be stupid if you're not on Care 1. Stop reading what those tards preach on bluepilots. Half of them screw it up. At least don't post it unless you KNOW it's true. All that said any rise in medical prices SUCKS.

FWIW That's more than I pay for my medical at a rinky dink 135....

Also FWIW I still have an app in, lifestyle more than job for me.....

“None whatsoever”

YES we are way better off without ALPA. Now I didnt say we aren't better off without a union, but ALPA would have been the death off this pilot group.

Also there are really only 2 reasons to be on the Plus plan (which is $666 a month for a family). 1. Your having a baby. 2. Someone in your family has a serious medical condition that needs constant treatment and or surgeries. Otherwise your much better off on one the other plans that are much cheaper. The amount of money you save by not being on the plus plan you can put in the bank which will pay for more than double what you MIGHT have to pay in deductibles if something bad happened to you and your loved one.

Plus if you dont like it here then quit. Nobody is forcing you to stay here. If it's so much better at the other airlines then go there. Nobody wants to hear you complain.

YES we are way better off without ALPA. Now I didnt say we aren't better off without a union, but ALPA would have been the death off this pilot group.

Also there are really only 2 reasons to be on the Plus plan (which is $666 a month for a family). 1. Your having a baby. 2. Someone in your family has a serious medical condition that needs constant treatment and or surgeries. Otherwise your much better off on one the other plans that are much cheaper. The amount of money you save by not being on the plus plan you can put in the bank which will pay for more than double what you MIGHT have to pay in deductibles if something bad happened to you and your loved one.

Plus if you dont like it here then quit. Nobody is forcing you to stay here. If it's so much better at the other airlines then go there. Nobody wants to hear you complain.

How would ALPA be the death of this group? I'm no ALPA cheerleader, (though I wish we were negotiating our first CBA) but I don't see where you are getting that from...

Oh perfect....Dave's wet dream. That's right....don't try to make it better. Just quit. F-ing perfect.

And thanks for the news flash that ALPA's got issues. Not a sane person...including the OC could deny that.

But by voting no to ALPA, you voted yes to substandard pay/ benefits.

You voted yes to NO PROCESS TO FIX THESE THINGS. When was the last time the CBC met with the company to discuss our benefits? One year? Two years? How about three years? Three years of zero input and three years of paying twice what ALPA represented pilots pay at other airlines.

And you voted yes to no CBA. How about a CBA with NEGOTIATED insurance premiums. Premiums that cannot be changed every year.

Exactly what part of this are you happy about?

And thanks again for the No vote....my family is thrilled about it....a$$

Last edited:

Plus Plan xapped out of pocket expenses (in and out of network and RX) at $3000 a year.

Care1 is $14,000 plus RX expenses.

Plus Plan is great coverage which should have a share of cost of about 20% instead of the 2012 share of cost over over 45%.

So, can anyone provide a side-by-side comparison of the different plans at B6? I've heard $666, $540, $140, $150 and $740 (from another thread including dental and vision). Be nice to see what each plan offers and for what so those of us not at B6 can follow along.

So, can anyone provide a side-by-side comparison of the different plans at B6? I've heard $666, $540, $140, $150 and $740 (from another thread including dental and vision). Be nice to see what each plan offers and for what so those of us not at B6 can follow along.

Nobody can offer what you ask since the company hasn't given that info out yet. All we have is the table comparing premiums. We have no information how the coverage itself (limits, out of pocket, etc.) is going to change. Considering that the benefits window opens in a few days, that in itself is ominous.

On the other hand, we just overwhelmingly voted for an important documents package without seeing the finalized language, so compared to that level of gullibility, this is nothing.

This company is very, very good at aggressively "marketing" its programs and agenda to its employees, without allowing for dissenting views or information to be discussed honestly. We should just trust them to do the right thing and take care of us, you see. The details are unimportant. It's good for us if they say it is. Over and over and over again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back