Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Still think we're better off without ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nearjetlover,

"How about that current oaf running the FAA cow tailing to the ATA on the latest ATP requirement being cut in half?"

I guess you were unaware, that jetblue believes that the requirements for being an F/O under 121 should be even lower than that, as written in the "Aero Safety" magazine. Yep, I found it ironic as well.

Of course, considering how far we are behind our peers, even those who have gone through Ch.11's, no wonder jetblue is trying to attract those still living in their parents basement!

No I asked for a home run. If you think B6 is just as healthy financially as FedEx then you need to pee in a cup.

No, jetblue and FDX are two different animals, so let's just compare Jetblue to the other major passenger carrying airlines, that being the case, why is it, with jetblue pilots being the most productive, that the overall package is so far behind?

No, jetblue and FDX are two different animals, so let's just compare Jetblue to the other major passenger carrying airlines, that being the case, why is it, with jetblue pilots being the most productive, that the overall package is so far behind?

Off the top of my head (thinking of airlines flying similar sized airplanes)

Better than
United
US Airways
Frontier
Spirit
Allegiant
Virgin
Republic

Close to
Continental
Air Tran
America West

Worse than
SWA
Delta
Hawaiian
American
Alaska

If you think bringing a third party into this will loosen management's wallet, then by all means bring them in. I'd only think they'd get pissed off and entrench further than what you'd think they'd do. It's as simple as that in my eyes. I don't have a dog in the fight though, you do, thats why you vote and I don't. I'm just offering an opinion here.

Nearjetlover,
"How about that current oaf running the FAA cow tailing to the ATA on the latest ATP requirement being cut in half?"

I guess you were unaware, that jetblue believes that the requirements for being an F/O under 121 should be even lower than that, as written in the "Aero Safety" magazine. Yep, I found it ironic as well.

Of course, considering how far we are behind our peers, even those who have gone through Ch.11's, no wonder jetblue is trying to attract those still living in their parents basement!

If thats true, then its really sad. Don't work there or go there and it will stop. The ATA is a cancer on safety, you get no argument from me on that. jetBlue is nothing special on this, every airline wants this. My point was that here we have "one of our own ALPA brothers" running the FAA and he cowtails.

Last edited:

Because it is a bad place to work.

As for the other guy, I'd say Alaska and Hawaiian both have ALPA home runs in the last 2 years, and just because you post last doesn't mean you are right. In your case on anything.

CL,

You might want to recrunch some of your numbers and look at the overall cost to the operation as it pertains to pilots. If you took the time to look at some objective numbers posted, say the MIT airline analysis, you will see that the JetBlue pilots are amongst the most productive pilots, if not the most productive, helping the company's bottom line, yet the compensation and benefit package does not, far from it, reflect that!

why is it, with jetblue pilots being the most productive, that the overall package is so far behind?

Could it be that there is no Union? Ya think? You'll get what they think you're worth. And that ain't much considering VX gets clowns to fly your type jets for $50 an hour LESS.

CL,

You might want to recrunch some of your numbers and look at the overall cost to the operation as it pertains to pilots. If you took the time to look at some objective numbers posted, say the MIT airline analysis, you will see that the JetBlue pilots are amongst the most productive pilots, if not the most productive, helping the company's bottom line, yet the compensation and benefit package does not, far from it, reflect that!

I was going off the top of my head no crunching. No one is questioning the deserving of more pay here, rather does bringing a third party (ALPA) in actually accomplish getting more real dollars to you.

I was going off the top of my head no crunching. No one is questioning the deserving of more pay here, rather does bringing a third party (ALPA) in actually accomplish getting more real dollars to you.

email [email protected] , you may learn about current events in real time. The third party resources your own pilot negotiators, your own pilot negotiators are not a "third party". None whatsoever is the order of the day with your management team, as in no money coming to fix anything...ever. Enjoy prideful ignorance.

You wont win against Daryl. He's right and your wrong. That's what we get for hiring someone with ZERO jet time and putting him in the left seat. He's just happy to be here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back