Still ordering...AVOLAR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyingdog,

I WAS a Flex45 driver - now I work for another fractional by choice. I don't know exactually how many mgmt. people went where - but yes there were a few that went to Avolar. However, I still don't believe there is any type of "underlying" relationship with the two companies.

So basically, I don't know anything - just what I see and perceive. I guess only time will tell what is going to happen.

Avolar...

Lets just say, that in my 20 years in the
business, this is the most promising
place I have been associated with!!

I can honestly say that the excitement
meter is full scale, and the journey
looks to be way cool...G man.:D :D :D :D

I am curious. Is Avolar still going to try to recruit alot of their pilots from the corporate world or has that changed with the recent world events. and still curious about mins for hiring.

Gumby,

Care to give us some of the vitals ? Such as, how many pilots so far, how many clients have signed up, benies, pay, hiring process, 15 UAL pilots so far, original plans for pass travel, ALPA representation, numbers to come, training details, 91/135/121, and anything else that comes to mind ???????????????

There are a lot of folks out there that would love to join you and need more details. Looking at March 2002 as a significant date for me at UAL, hope there is an opportunity at Avolar. Fingers are crossed.

Thanks in advance for any info you are privy to and are able to talk about.

Thanks a bunch.

Jeff

FlexJet - Avolar non-compete clause?

As an aspiring fractional pilot (freelance/unemployed corporate), I've been trying to keep up on the latest in the industry. I found this little tidbit on the Fractional Pilot's - FlexJet Message Board. What do you think Mr. G-Man?

http://pub96.ezboard.com/ffractionalpilotsfrm0

Dateline Dallas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flexjet has signed a non-compete clause with Avolar!

Avalor can not hire Flexjet employees at all. This is not a surprise considering they are paying their FOs $6,000 a month and their Capt's $9,000 a month. These pay figures are fact and come from two ex-Flexers I met in TEB who are currently on furlough from United and in class for the DA50ex at Avolar.

Why would Flexjet risk losing their under paid Lear employees to a company with a better future and better pay. Not to mention the fact that they will soon be protected from idiotic mgmt decisions through an alliance with ALPA.

We can't win. Things might be worse next year as we will have a net loss of three to five total aircraft fleetwide. Why are we shrinking when everyone else is experiencing record growth?!

WOW. How depressing!

"Come on now, send in 20 bucks, you'll be glad you did :) "
-PJ

I'm wondering why Avolar has created such an uproar, but Delta having their own corporate operation hasn't. I havn't heard a peep from anybody, except that it used to be part of Comair, and that makes it different. Well, what if United purchased Jet Express from Comair and made it into Avolar, wouldn't that be the same? I wonder what furloughed guys at Delta think about this. Just curious. Good luck to you guys.

Gumby,

It sounds like you are living it up with AVOLAR! So C'mon and tell us what its like! It sounds like a to good to be true deal.

So please shed some light on the operation if you can!

Thanks,

Boz

Avolar

I havent heard anything about the non-compete clause. This is not say it's not the case. I've been on the road, and not near Chicago. The outlook here is very promising..Everyone that I have come into contact with has been a blast!!

The a/c orders are piling up..and they are equipping them very nicely. There are alot of issues that have to be worked out, but thats usually the case w/a startup. I dont see a union around these parts anytime soon.

The projections are for 1200+ pilots in 5 years. The pay has been quoted in earlier posts, so i wont repeat them.

I'm pretty excited to say the least, and it takes alot..So I'm looking forward to see whats behind this door..and hoping its
my last...G

Gumby,

Any info on what us UAL furloughees want to know like what they are looking for in terms of flight time, time frame on future interviews/class dates, etc. Everything else sounds good, have you run into any of the 15 UAL furloughees that have been hired there? If so what have they told you? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back