Still Happy At Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Dave

Got your voicemail, of course I'll chime in!
Upgrades are still pretty much right at a year (at recurrent), based on both seniority and merit.
Airplane is a blast, and flying is widespread. On day 4 right now, been from Bozeman, Missoula, back to Columbus, down to Dallas, and overnighting in Oakland tonight.
Get used to giving tours, everyone on the ramp wants to look at "that cool/weird looking thing"!
7/7 is great for me, only commute once a week, and positive space ticket.
Took my whole family on vacation last month on hotel/airline points (including the convertible). Only $$ spent were drinks and meals!
And, always love to brag about my 'paid-for' boat!
(just got some new Volkl skis too!)

Happy Holidays to all the other lucky souls enjoying their Holiday Hotels the next couple nights!

Here are a couple of answers to the questions that I was checking into-

*Training contract is $22K, one year, prorated.

*As far as Florida bases, we're hiring into PBI at this time.

*As far as the rest of the country goes, we're hiring into "a bunch" of bases right now. Elizabeth is going to get me an updated list when she gets the time. She's very busy, we'll need to be patient.

**This info comes from our recruiter, not the grapevine, so you can believe it.**

More info as it becomes available.

Dave

p.s. yeah, Brian, the boat might be paid for, but I hear that you're still paying for the oars!!!

Here's another goofy yet entertaining look at training on the P180 (older, non Pro Line 21 version) at Avantair. Seems like it was actually filmed a few years back because I know that things have formalized since then (Flight Safety, etc.). Still, it is entertaining to watch (and get a sense of the P180's speed) despite the Top Gun music. Looks like the P180 is a blast to fly.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_T-7ZMeoc4

And check out the nice takeoff of an Avantair P180 on this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUJ0i3-_Yxc&feature=related

Last edited:
What are the bases/gateways..

All but a few of these are open (I believe PIE is full but the others are open):

Atlanta GA (ATL)
Baltimore MD (BWI)
Boston MA
Caldwell, NJ (CDW)
Chicago IL (ORD)
Charlotte NC (CLT)
Cleveland OH (CLE)
Columbus OH (CMH)
Dallas-Fort Worth TX (DFW)
Denver CO (DEN)
Houston TX (IAH)
Las Vegas NV (LAS)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
New York, NY (JFK) (LGA)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
Phoenix AZ (PHX)
San Francisco CA (SFO)
St Louis MO (STL)
St Petersburg FL (PIE)​

Here's the link with more info:​

Merry xmas everyone!

To help point out how little a base has to do with where you'll actually be flying...

Today will be an airline day for me. Hop on CoEx in ALB and go to EWR, catch a mainline Continental to LAX, where I'll start this week's tour tomorrow at our maintainence base at Camarillo Airport. Just because the tour starts on the left coast doesn't mean that's where all of the flying will be.

If you're like me and are easily bored with the same old routine, the fractionals might be worth looking into...

I'll have Xmas next week when I get back!

p.s.- thanks for the added info, Rod. The link to airlinepilotcentral.com will answer alot of preliminary questions. Stand by for an updated comprehensive list of which gateways (bases) we're hiring into right now. For accuracy sake, I'll only post info that I get from our recruiter. Let's give Elizabeth a day or two to enjoy the holiday.

Last edited:
Merry xmas everyone!

To help point out how little a base has to do with where you'll actually be flying...

Today will be an airline day for me. Hop on CoEx in ALB and go to EWR, catch a mainline Continental to LAX, where I'll start this week's tour tomorrow at our maintainence base at Camarillo Airport. Just because the tour starts on the left coast doesn't mean that's where all of the flying will be.

If you're like me and are easily bored with the same old routine, the fractionals might be worth looking into...

p.s.- thanks for the added info, Rod. The link to airlinepilotcentral.com will answer alot of preliminary questions. Stand by for an updated comprehensive list of which gateways (bases) we're hiring into right now. For accuracy sake, I'll only post info that I get from our recruiter. Let's give Elizabeth a day or two to enjoy the holiday.

Thanks for the great info Aft and Rod. Definitely different from your typical 121 operation. Nice to see the upgade times are roughly one year and Avantair has considerable growth with new airplanes coming in the new year.

With age 65 and slower movement at all of the airlines likely as a result (including the regionals), I bet Avantair will get a lot more attention.

By the way, I saw a P180 zip along over my house yesterday but I actually heard it first from a distance - you could tell because it sounds like a P-51 Mustang.

Merry xmas everyone!

do u have to pay you're own way to ewr? btw, born and raised in the capital district. miss it. also, it thought pbi was one of the bases?

Latest resources

Back