• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Still Happy At Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
do u have to pay you're own way to ewr? btw, born and raised in the capital district. miss it. also, it thought pbi was one of the bases?

I don't work at Avantair but I believe Albany was formerly open (probably available when Aft applied) and PBI is flexible (possibly still hiring selectively into that base). Not certain but that is what I assume - I'll wait for Aft to say otherwise. The other bases on the list are open to all newhires.

Just an idea of the places I flew LAST week in the Piaggio.

West Palm, Ft. Lauterdale, TEB, Morrsitown, VNY, Dallas, Boccoa, Los Cabos, San Diego, Las Vegas, Reno, St. Marteen, Beef Island in the British Virgin Islands, Sandpoint ID, Sun Valley, and Aspen.....

There were a few more but I cant remember all of them.

Fly Safe,

celloman

West Palm, Ft. Lauterdale, TEB, Morrsitown, VNY, Dallas, Boccoa, Los Cabos, San Diego, Las Vegas, Reno, St. Marteen, Beef Island in the British Virgin Islands, Sandpoint ID, Sun Valley, and Aspen.....

Fly Safe,

celloman

Wow - you certainly can't beat that variety...

How the quality of the hotels/motels on average? When you overnight at a place like Aspen or Sun Valley, do they put you up in a Howard Johnsons or do they actually put you someplace semi-nice? I suppose it partially depends upon how busy the place is and the time of year...

Last edited:
Just to chime in as an ex regional slave who now enjoys the good life, you guys need to check out the fractionals. I fly for one of the other ones that 182 mentioned, not Avantair.

Life is good. Check all the players out. If you get a chance to come this way, you will work your tail off but have a blast doing it. You will go from some class B airport to some little private strip like Ocean Reef and all the airports in between. No two days are ever alike.

On the other hand, if you need a structured day and you have to know where you are going to overnight, stay 121. I'm sure 182 can chime in for Avantair, but at my company, the plan changes many times a day. The city I think I am going to end up in when I start the day is often on the wrong side of the country when the day is done. You just have to roll with it. The people who end up leaving this job are the ones who can't deal with the constant change.

Just to chime in as an ex regional slave who now enjoys the good life, you guys need to check out the fractionals. I fly for one of the other ones that 182 mentioned, not Avantair.

Life is good. Check all the players out. If you get a chance to come this way, you will work your tail off but have a blast doing it. You will go from some class B airport to some little private strip like Ocean Reef and all the airports in between. No two days are ever alike.

On the other hand, if you need a structured day and you have to know where you are going to overnight, stay 121. I'm sure 182 can chime in for Avantair, but at my company, the plan changes many times a day. The city I think I am going to end up in when I start the day is often on the wrong side of the country when the day is done. You just have to roll with it. The people who end up leaving this job are the ones who can't deal with the constant change.

If you like the same-ole routine every day, the fractionals would not be a good idea. If you want to see the country, fly into some interesting places, fly some interesting people and fly some nice equipment, perhaps the fractionals deserve another look...

Fly Safe,

celloman

All nice destinations, however if you went to all those places plus some you don't remember, you work WAY too much.

I'd take that over the 5 - 6 hour sits in an outstation for an airline....The down time in an airport terminal with nothing to do but eat with your crew sucks...and makes you fat.

Latest resources

Back