• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Still Happy At Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They're pretty liberal with the 2-hour drive (per mapquest) rule. I live in ALB and my base is CDW. Mapquest puts the drive at 2:30, but so far no one has mentioned that I need to move. This info is company policy, so you can believe it.

I've heard that they're trying to prevent state-to-state commuting, due to a past history of no-shows on work days. This info is from the grapevine, so take it for what it's worth...

Thanks to everyone who's resume I've forwarded. You're making me look good with the way you've interviewed.

Note to Riddle grads: please PM me. We're Riddle-friendly...

AftCG...

Your killing us with the riddle grads!!!! LOL

Just kidding, as long as they are cool to hang out with for a week... thats all that matters to me!

good luck guys and gals!

celloman

How does the cockpit size/room of the Piaggio compare to say a Beechjets cockpit?

Well, never been in a Beechjet, but I'd say that the cockpit is bigger than a Lear 25, smaller than a Lear 55. The difference is that the Piaggio is more comfortable for me. They seemed to have designed it for a 5'9" frame. Although, we have some tall people here and the only consistant comment that I hear is that the seats aren't padded enough for trips over 2-1/2 hours. I've been doing squats at the gym for over 20 years, and the extra glutes must help. I'm comfy no matter how long the trip is. Adjustable rudder pedals make working the rudder a non-issue.

AftCG...

Your killing us with the riddle grads!!!! LOL

Just kidding, as long as they are cool to hang out with for a week... thats all that matters to me!

good luck guys and gals!

celloman

It's a great gig over here. I'd be doing my fellow alumni a big disservice by not trying to clue them in! Judging by some of the e-mails and PM's I've gotten, they're as frustrated and disappointed by the regional industry as I was. We (Riddle grads) need to be as happy as possible while paying off our $60K student loans :crying:

Hi Guys/Ladies-

I'm happy to continue forwarding resumes for qualified candidates. A few things to consider before asking me to help you out, though...

-Starting salary is $35K/year + per diem. It'll add up to a little over $40K when all is said and done.

-There's a one year, prorated contract worth $22K. People don't leave early around here, so I don't know why people keep making an issue out of this.

-Living within two hours from one of our gateways is now being enforced. We have plenty of gateways to chose from. The list will probably expand at some point in the future, but the current list is posted above, and that's what we have to work with right now.

-Upgrade time is one year. Maybe sooner, the way we're growing, but again, as of now it's one year.

**For Pete's sake, PLEASE, if you have a wife, run these details by her before asking me to forward anything for you. I just got burned for the second time by someones wife that didn't see things long-term.

**Also, PLEASE, don'y try to negotiate around these guidelines in your interview. It won't go well for you, and remember, you only get reimbursed for the interview expenses after getting hired.

AftCG182...good points. I think I've done my homework and really hope to hear from them soon. Thanks for your help!

Latest resources

Back