Still gona change careers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Add me to the list making the jump.

35, two kids, three mortgages (long story) and I don't even regret waiting this long as I've been having a great time in the Nav up until now.

Of course, if I was reeallly old like aggiepilot 87 and Jump Pilot, I'd be far more concerned than I am now...

I guess it IS an Aggie thing - Class of '89 CT.

Thanks for the thread, I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only nutcase out there!

Salty Dog said:
Of course, if I was reeallly old like aggiepilot 87
you got that right, dog. If my hair keeps falling out, I'll probably just go ahead and get a fish haircut!

seattle

In the last few months I have hardly flown the King Air enough to stay current. Our company's stock is still way down and we are now considered an excessive expense. I now have gone back to full time at my old job. I was hoping to build my time by flying the King Air. I would like to get my 135 IFR/PIC minimums as quickly as possible so I can at least fly checks or something. Luckily my job allows me the time and means to keep my C150. Any day we have a 200' ceiling I am logging actual time. Hand flying a 150 in IMC keeps your instrument scan sharp. Use your little bird to stay as current and sharp as possible. Every couple of months I take a few extra days off and go on a 1000 mile cross-country to someplace new. I eat alot of Ramen noodles to be able to afford those excursions but it's worth it to me.

Good Luck
HappyFlying

I am 40 and know the chances are slim but can not let go yet. I still have the plane so will keep flying

Latest resources

Back