STFD netjets!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rider12 said:
As a Netjets pilot, I am on the fence concerning our current contract negotations. I agree with the union that the current pay proposal is not 100% perfect, nor is the company, (of course, what is in the real world). However, does that give me the right to adopt the so called STFD (shut the f%$ker down) attitude since the company is not offering us everything we want, ie. 190,000/yr plus tons of benefits at year 10 as a possible ultra pilot on a reserve sch.??

If you think you are not replaceable then I believe you are arrogant. I have a real problem with the STFD attitude which a certain percentage of guys are trying to promote. I believe we may have reached a point where we have replaced good ol' fashion common sense with arrogance. ie A certain group of guys are taking pride in threating those who wish to remain instructors, threating those who wish to work HARD, taking pride in calling in sick at the last minute, taking pride when aircraft break, taking pride when the pax run a few min. late which is going to cause them to run over 14hrs by 1 min., taking pride in calling in tired and leaving pax stranded somewhere. TAKING PRIDE--They may say they are not taking PRIDE in these things, trust me they are!!

As far as the Gulfstream guys go, from my understanding they are all "go to guys". Ask yourself the question----Would you want the possibility of guys that take pride in these things, because not everything worked their way, flying your Gulfstreams in and out of Rome? Answer the question using common sense. Please none of this, "If i do this the company will bow down before, kiss my feet and worship the ground that I walk upon. Dont get me wrong, these things happen, however when guys take pride in these things that tells me common sense has been replaced with arrogance.
Please, dont get me wrong the MAJORITY NJA guys are not like this.

The union desires a forensic audit of the company's books, which I have no objections to. However, if those guys with the STFD attitude have true concern for us at NJA should'nt they also request that the union do a forensic audit on how great life is outside onNJA.

I would like to see a gaurantee( names of companys and chief pilots) in which if I STFD this place, myself and my friends here will be able to click our heels and live happy ever after. So based on the companys current proposal this is what I need.

-next year around 70 plus perdiem and tip is closer to 90 if you look at the taxes. "Per diem don't count" then use it a a bargin chip!! This will be my 5th with co.
3 years from now around 86, 4 years around 95, 5years from know around 101 plus perdiem,ect as an ultra captain.
- I need a written garantee that i'll be able to make around 5000 with OT and maybe a few extended days
-I need a written garantee I'll be able to live WHEREVER I wish.
- I need a written garantee I'll be on a 7 and 7 schedule. Where they can never call me out on my days off. Out of the 7 days i average about 5.5 flying.
-if you look at the 7 and 7, 3 weeks of vacation, sick time and training, I'm productive (flying) around 18 weeks out of the year for the company.
- I need a written garantee i'll have 3 weeks of vacation in which I bid 1 week I have a block of 3 weeks off.
-I need a written garantee that I'll have a great health care plan (vision and dental) in which i pay 0 for.
- I need loss of license and medical and legal services plans put in place.
-A 25,000 dollar signing bonus!!!
- Able to order crew food whenever i want it (as long as i working)
- A written garantee they will put 50 cents for every dollar I put into my 401k.
- If i need to attend my boys baseball game on a scheduled work day can I call in sick. - corporate aviation--- go ahead try it.
- if I'm tired because i didnt sleep well last night, will they take me off the sch. corporate aviation----try it!!

If these guys can garantee me AND MY FRIENDS here at netjets, in writing, I'll be able to click my heels and find a job like this I'll adopt the STFD attitude. Until then, its just plain crazy.

Some argue, "this is war". When was the last time you were in combat and the enemy stops to offer you all I have listed above. This is not war, its called contract negotations and if you think its war I must question your concept of reality.
Some argue, " we are just trying to make this place better!!" So by taking Pride in the things i have mentioned above is that how you make something better?? Is that what you teach your kids??? I'm sorry, I was never raised that way.

Good luck to all of us!!!

WHAAAAAHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

WAIT A MINUTE......WAIT A MINUTE, MY SIDE HURTS, HOLD ON.

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..............

OH GOD!! OK, I THINK IM OK........

AW SH!T.......

.....WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAH........

Quit trying to pretend you are one of us Bill. Get back to the table next week and give us a fair fukcing deal. Until then, shut the hell up, cause my stomach hurts now.

Last edited:
FamilyGuy said:
Hang on a second.....now the company's offer is $50,000 per pilot BETTER than the rejected TA?

What about all that bitching about the company coming in with regressive offers?

All I saw on these boards over the last two weeks was complaints about the company not making reasonable offers...

So, now that we have confirmation that the company's offer was in fact a sizable improvement, when are we going to see the union come in with a reasonable request?

No the offer did NOT come in $50k better per pilot. Depends who you are. It does for SOME. Money was moved from one section of the group to another.

The offer reduces what was offered to more junior folks and added it those more senior. I found some people getting Zero change from the TA. Others even worse... zero change from the CBA (loss compared to TA).

The number receiving zero change from the CBA and a loss compared to the TA is a very large number... because it includes all the bypass FO's.

So no, overall it is not 50k better per pilot.

Diesel said:
a whole 2 posts.

talked to a buddy of mine at cmh at flightinfo can be accessesed from upstairs.

i sure would invent screen names and post stuff to get people pissed all day long.

hydrarkt said:
I could tell after the first paragraph that this guy is a company assmole. I even like how he purposely misspells "garantee." He must think that acting stupid will make him look like a pilot. Well, he doesn't need any help...

You guys seem pretty alert to who the scammers are. I was wondering if you could put that insight to work and tell us all who you think STEEL is? I tried asking him - no reply.

Here are just a couple of his posts within a month of each other.. us? here? we? 250 hours in a C150? Didn't even claim to work here a month ago. Curious isn't it? Why do only people that disagree with your point of view the ones that get labled?

8/24/2005
steel said:
what's netjets?

8/24/2005
steel said:
family guy - do you work for NetJets? or are you a consultant working for NetJets? just curious....you seem to know a lot about the union stuff....do you think NetJets is a good place to try and get a job? or should i try and avoid it due to the union problems?

Month later....

9/21/2005
steel said:
Hey, you can go cry in your little corner if you want. NJI will be a part of NJA regardless of the outcome of the contract. Like I wrote, they'll be here, stapled below all of us eventually. And that's where they belong. They should have never been started up in the first place. We all know that. They all know that. Eventually, they will be brought to that realism. Eventually, we will all get along, provided they get the coffee and newspapers and catering like they're supposed to. They cost us money due to all of the overlap, etc., etc.....

9/23/2005
steel said:
Keep dreaming. It will be done. Just do all of us a favor. When you are over here and are someone's FO, just do your job and get the papers, ice, coffee, catering and clearance and let us know when it's done.

Repeat after me.....STAPLE, STAPLE, STAPLE

Last edited:
oooops one more time..............and yes i do work at nutjets..........but believe what you want...............this is my last post as per the higher ups.

stfd

um...what does STFD mean???

Too many acronyms for me...

I know it as a store-floating-point-double instruction from back in my PowerPC programming days. Somehow I don't think that's what these guys mean, though. :)

I'd guess, "Shut the f'er down."

Last edited:
steel said:
oooops one more time..............and yes i do work at nutjets..........but believe what you want...............this is my last post as per the higher ups.

Per the higher ups? Yes, steel, you would not want to expose yourself to other information - you would not want to read about anything that might be contrary to what "your higher ups" want. Ah yes, let them control your thoughts, time, what you read and what you say- lest you be subject to public flogging.

I hope you guys are listening to yourselves and evaluating this situation.

Latest resources

Back