Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
squonk said:
FamilyGuy:

The only history lesson we were given when I was hired was how they needed to gobble up market share. One of the ways of doing this was hire, hire, hire. When airlines furloughed, they hired. Retired airline, hire 'em! Guess who had more experience with fighting management?

That's the way he wanted it...well, he gets it. You have to take the good with the bad.

If the ex-airline guys have so much experience fighting management, then why didnt they fix the low starting pay for FO's and the underfunded pension issues?

And as I stated several weeks ago, the airlines are not the best example to be following right now...

FamilyGuy said:
If the ex-airline guys have so much experience fighting management, then why didnt they fix the low starting pay for FO's and the underfunded pension issues?

And as I stated several weeks ago, the airlines are not the best example to be following right now...

At NJA, the pay is just low - period............. Forget the low starting pay - it tends to be low at the airlines, but corporate flight departments pay a lot more depending upon type. Again, I know FOs who fly the Citation X out of the NYC area who easily clear $65-70K - again, as FOs.... At NJA, Citation X Captains (after 5+ years at NJA) are paid roughly $55-60K annually. That is ridiculous...

At NJA, the pay is abysmal. You can't spin that point - it's a fact. At the end of the day, NJA will get what they pay for... If things don't change, the best and most experienced pilots at NJA will leave and only the most desparate pilots will consider joining.

One of my NJA friends told me recently,"NJA had such great potential of being a great place to work for the rest of my career. That potential has been dashed and now I am looking elsewhere." He is an excellent aviator and the type of pilot NJA wants to keep - great flying skills and attention to customer details (great customer service type of person). Instead, he has an interview with Jet Blue in November - I hope he gets hired.

Last edited:
Six.

chances are things will get sorted out soon... my understanding is negotiations are back on. Something good must have happened. I hope.

Latest resources

Back