• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Steenland on Today show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What an arrogant prick. He told a bold-faced lie on international television by saying, "we haven't blamed our pilots." Anybody who has been following this story would have read numerous statements from NW mgmt, and indeed Steenland himself, where they outright placed most, if not all, blame on the pilots.

Then he says his pay package of $26.5 mil is "wrong"?

Get your facts straight, Steenland. You are lying in front of millions.

If NWALPA had any balls, they would sue.

What an arrogant prick. He told a bold-faced lie on international television by saying, "we haven't blamed our pilots." Anybody who has been following this story would have read numerous statements from NW mgmt, and indeed Steenland himself, where they outright placed most, if not all, blame on the pilots.

Then he says his pay package of $26.5 mil is "wrong"?

Get your facts straight, Steenland. You are lying in front of millions.

If NWALPA had any balls, they would sue.

If ALPA and its member pilots really had any balls they would massively strike and do time in jail if they had to for not obeying the "go back to work" order following the strike.

It is high time we paralize the entire airline industry for all the incompetence and grand scale embezzlement schemes of its CEO's and the abrogated pension obligations, the massively cut pay scales etc. etc.

I wish she would have pressed him more on the pay issue cuz the mother fer was lying through his teeth.

He is as much a snake as Lorenzo or any of the other airline executives. What a filthy and corrupt business.

I resemble that statement!

I felt sorry for Doug during the interview. When he shared his very sad story of how he was in the bottom 10% of Fortune 500 CEO's, I shed a tear.

No executive should have to scrape by on 26 million per year. What a cruel industry!

Not defending him but his $26 mil is over 4 years. 6.5 a year bonus if he is on property. Annual salary just over $500,000.

I zeroed in on that too, but I think she said that as an attempt to bait him. She later got him to admit it's not a pilot problem.

Yeah, I saw that later in the interview. I paused the video as soon as she said it and posted because it made me so mad. :) Guess she's actually on our side, though. Nice for once.

Latest resources

Back