• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is only one stat that really counts;

Steelers 21
Seahawks 10

If the Seahawks were really that good, they could overcome bad calls, kind of like the Steelers did against Indy. All those Seahawk fans complaining about bad calls can go back and cry in their lattes. Blaming the loss on the refs shows no class.

A true champion finds a way to win even if they aren't playing their best.

Steelers have a should have a solid team for next season, but we need to sign Randel El.

Secret behind-the-scenes photo from Super Bowl XL...

steelerref.jpg

Just to show that not all Sehawks fans are "crying in their lattes" (I've been a Seahawks fans before anyone outside of Italy knew what a latte was) .....

Super Bowl Bonus
In honor of the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL victory, we are excited to celebrate with our Rapid Rewards Members in the PIT area who are signed up to receive E-mail Updates by offering them double credit on flights they purchase at southwest.com and fly between February 7 and March 14. That’s five weeks of double credit—a week for each of the Steelers’ five Super Bowl wins!

Okay, Okay enough already. I'm sorry I ever brought the whole thing up. Now let's move on to even more amazing things than the officials giving that game to the Steelers. How about Bill's buddy who knocked up some chick- with only one nut? Hats off pal, Hats off!!

Steeler Fan said:
That's perfect! I had a buddy from Central Cat-lick High Skool who sounded just like that! He lived in Polish Hill, lost one testacle in some kind of freakinsh bicycle accident, and was the fisrt guy from my class to get his girlfriend pregnant.

No, I never saw it, he said he had just one, so I took his word on it.

*I'm goin to Disneyland? Hines should have said, I'm goin to Kennywood!

Last edited:
AFcitrus said:
Okay, Okay enough already. I'm sorry I ever brought the whole thing up. Now let's move on to even more amazing things than the officials giving that game to the Steelers. How about Bill's buddy who knocked up some chick- with only one nut? Hats off pal, Hats off!!

We stay Pro-Steelers during the 28 year drought between Super Bowl wins, and you expect us to let this go?

If I go to the MLB All-Star Game in the 'Burgh, I'm wearing my Steeler gear!

By the way, the 1-nut wonder's nickname was "Devil" Go figure.

All the seahawk fans must have missed it when Jerramy Stevens fumbled the ball but it as ruled an incomplete pass (must have heard the footsteps of the steeler D about to rain down on him a massive hit, you know the kind im talking about. "you got jacked up!!!"). That could have easily turned into 7 more points for the steelers.

USA Today: NFL DEFENDS OFFICIATING

Lay it to rest guys, the Steelers won, the score, the NFL, and the reviews after the game all say so. The only truly bad call was the Hassleback block call, 15 yards...... not going to make up 11pts and a ton of dropped throws. 2 big plays, Parker's run and the gadget, sealed the fate of an inept Seattle team that couldn't convert on 3rd down, take back the INT, or hit those 50 yarders.

NFL defends officiating; Montana defends himself
By Dave Goldberg, The Associated Press
The NFL defended the officiating in the Super Bowl, and Joe Montana defended himself. Two days after the Steelers beat the Seahawks 21-10 in the NFL title game, the league said Tuesday that the game was "properly officiated."
"Including, as in most NFL games, some tight plays that produced disagreement about the calls made by the officials," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement.
The officiating, though, has been the major topic of discussion since Sunday night. Right after the game, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren suggested that a first-quarter offensive interference call on the Seahawks' Darrell Jackson, negating what would have been the game's first touchdown, probably should have been "a no-call."
Holmgren, a former chairman of the NFL's rule-making competition committee, fueled the debate Monday during a rally for the Seahawks at Qwest Field when he said, "We knew it was going to be tough going up against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well."
The calls in question:
• Replays on the offensive interference call showed that Jackson's arms made contact with Pittsburgh's Chris Hope and that they separated afterward. Under the rules, pass interference took place but sometimes the call isn't made.
• The first TD of the game scored on a third-down rollout by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger late in the first half. Roethlisberger appeared to come down short of the goal line, but it was unclear on replay whether he had gotten the ball to the line before going down. Referee Bill Leavy upheld the call because there was not enough incontrovertible evidence to overturn it.
• Holding call on Sean Locklear in the fourth: Locklear's penalty erased an 18-yard completion from Matt Hasselbeck to Jerramy Stevens to the Pittsburgh 1 that would have put the Seahawks in position to go ahead 17-14 with around 12 minutes left. It was a close call that was difficult to see on replay.
• One call that clearly appeared erroneous came after that penalty, when Hasselbeck threw an interception to Pittsburgh's Ike Taylor, then made the tackle but was called for a block below the waist, giving the Steelers an extra 15 yards. They scored soon afterward on a pass from Antwaan Randle El to Hines Ward. Replays showed Hasselbeck never made contact with the player he was supposed to have hit illegally, instead going straight to Taylor to make the tackle.

Well, as a Seahawks fan, I'll just say that in the end- it's a game and as one, is filled with shoulda's and coulda's and what-about-this's. There are too many things that both sides could say to make a mildly-believable argument about virtually every aspect of the game.

As I saw it, Seattle took care of most of the vaunted Steeler defense and for a lot of the first half, was handing them their backsides. The Seattle defense kept the Steeler potent offense pretty much in check throughout most of the game. The long touchdown run from scrimage for Pittsburgh as well as the pass from Randle El should have been defensed- were the Seahawks the only ones that didn't know that there was at least another trick play on tap in the game? Jeremy Stevens should not be back next year. Those guys are paid to perform and he simply didn't- a backbreaker.

Clock management was an embarrassment. Holmgren did the same thing in his last Super Bowl visit. WTF? It was not a typical Seahawk performance in all departments- but little of it was because of the Steelers. On the flip side, after watching Pittsburgh this season, Seattle had their number as well as any of this year's opponents- they just didn't have them all, they couldn't close the sale. The number that really matters is 21-10.

My hat's off to Cowher for a job well done. He did a good job and deserves it.

My last word on officiating is that if it can even be an issue, rightly or wrongly, then there is a problem. And for the NFL to stick their head in the sand about the whole officiating issue throughout the playoffs is doing a disservice to the sport. Changes need to be made.

My overall grade on the whole Super Bowl package vs. the other 39 = C-.

Everyone can argue about what could have been. Fact is Steelers are the only team to win their final meaningful game of the year.

So who will win it next year?

Steelers have as good of a shot as anyone.

Latest resources

Back