Stay and the new UAL or go to SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HHH

If given a chance would you stay and Continetal (90% seniority) or go to SWA as a new hire?

I'd go to SWA if for no other reason than to dodge a career swinging gear for all the "must rides" at YoNITED. They are likely your age or younger, and are never going to leave the seniority list before you do.

I have others, but you di'ent axe.

Stay with the bird in hand dude, really. The grass is always greener on the other side, but it's really just painted.

Sounds like he has two birds in the hand. Take the one with the base you would want to live in and the figure out if you want to travel the world with lots of red eyes or just North America with no red eyes.

I'd look at the the retirements, the bases and whether you think you guys can take back some RJ flying. If you can then there may be HUGE opportunities for growth.

That being said I do think there will be a large potential for SWA to grow after we get this behind us.

Gup

I think Gup has it right.

I think the potential for growth at SW is pretty huge. Just a matter of time before we go full international. Pay and benefits would probably be better for the life of your career at SW. But you have to factor in QOL as well.

I'd look at the the retirements, the bases and whether you think you guys can take back some RJ flying. If you can then there may be HUGE opportunities for growth.

That being said I do think there will be a large potential for SWA to grow after we get this behind us.

Gup

Why do you believe this, given the recent history? When given the chance for organic growth SWA declined in favor of an acquisition.

Latest resources

Back