Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Status of Flyi - what is the process? Any details?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Can anyone elaborate on the "auction" process that will be going on at Indy Air in early January? What do the pilots know about the situation? Will all flights stop on a certain date or will there be a gradual pull-back? Any details provided? Anything known about potential bidders?

I know there is a lot of speculation at the moment. I wish all Flyi pilots luck and hope things work out for them.

Actually, there are some very interesting rumors flying about Indy, that I don't care to disclose on a public bulletin board. But things may not be nearly as bad as they seem. ;)

inthewind said:
Actually, there are some very interesting rumors flying about Indy, that I don't care to disclose on a public bulletin board. But things may not be nearly as bad as they seem. ;)

I read on another board that both Mesa and UAL (bankrupt company bidding on a bankrupt company - WTF???) will likely be involved. I had also heard that Jetblue was interested in the IAD gates - no big surprise. Just wondering if flights are supposed to stop on a certain day or if there will be a phased process. What have the pilots been told? I would imagine the CRJ pilots are not too optimistic at this point.

I wish everyone luck and I appreciate any more details into the process, etc.

They are pursuing bids that will allow continued operation so a stop to the flying is a little premature.

If you've seen the G gates then you'd know it's a safe bet that UAL is trying to get the A gates. Other than that, it is all speculation.

FLYI just launched service to Puerto Rico. I heard them on the radio this morning on the way down there.

I jumpseated on Indy the other day. ATL-IAD. Everyone was very friendly from the gate agent to the crew. I poked my head up front and asked them if I could catch a ride. THe Cpt had a big dip of in and even offered me one, which I graciously accepted. Seemed to be a very nice group of people, I hope the best works out for everyone involved.

inthewind said:
I've never heard of someone not sharing information that's just a rumor but O.K. My understanding is that furlough notices went out on Wednesday. I don't know how many.

I just hope they don't do to the crew what Midway did to theirs and leave them stranded with no notice and no ID to get home.

C'mon give us some rumor's to chew on, Im on furlough from there and not getting much info here in the litterbox (aka. Iraq)

Hello,
I've jumpseated on FLYi and they are great group of people. Good luck for a better 2006 to all the fine folks flying the "Blue Ridge".

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

logolight said:
I've never heard of someone not sharing information that's just a rumor but O.K. My understanding is that furlough notices went out on Wednesday. I don't know how many.

Alright logolight,

Last week I heard that they had won a $330 million verdict against United, that they had a deal with Bombardier for 90 seaters. This came from two seperate sources within Indy that are actively working there. Then last night I got a call that the company was mailing more furlough letters. Basically it looks like a 100% furlough to come with an end date of around Jan 9th.
The reason I don't like to post rumors is they always change and then I look like a friggin' idiot. Ok?

These are still rumors but I believe the furlough one, especially since I've got 1100 shares of stock that are worth more as toilet paper than stock.

Furlough Notice TRUE

Got ours in the mail today, effective Jan 7th, without "significant" investment in all or most of assests they plan on ceasing all operations between Jan 7th and the 21st of Jan

Latest resources

Back